NSHostingView Not Working With Swift 6.0

I recently compiled my macOS App with Swift 6 in Xcode 16 (was using Swift 5 previously) and noticed that AppKit Integration doesn't appear to be working as before. All my instances of NSHostingView which allow me to add a SwiftUI View to an AppKit NSWindow view controller no longer respond to mouse input anymore. All my NSHostingView instances display but refuse to accept any user interaction. Has anyone else noticed this and is there a workaround to get NSHostingView to once again be able to accept user/mouse events with Swift 6?

I did some more testing by adding a regular NSView to the NSViewController for an NSWindow along with an NSHostingView (treated by AppKit Integration as an NSView). What I found is that the regular instances of NSView() accept user interaction but the NSHostingView gets ignored even though it is a return type of NSView. Somehow between Swift 5 and 6, NSHostingView is only partially usable now. You can use it to render images to an NSWindow but can't interact with it any longer. Is there something different in the NSHostingView return type of NSView that somehow got reconfigured in the background so as to prevent user interaction in Swift 6? NSHostingView functionally in Swift 5 somehow got degraded when switching to Swift 6.

NSHostingView Not Working With Swift 6.0

Q