Users report that opening the app will disconnect cellular data.

Is there any cause that would make this happen? We all know that Apple does not provide any API to disconnect cellular data.

I’d like to clarify what “disconnect cellular data” means:

• Is it just that your app can’t access WWAN?

• Or that running your app causes some other app to lose access to WWAN?

• Or that running your app causes all other apps to lose access to WWAN?

It sounds like the last case, but I want to be sure.

And if it is the last case, does that include system apps? That is, does running your app cause Safari to lose access to WWAN?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Thanks for the reply. Let me clarify that when running the app, the phone data is disconnected, showing 'No Service Available' for the phone data. When the app is closed, the phone data resumes.

Just received new user feedback: the WWAN is disconnected, and the mobile data option in the control center is turned off and grayed out.

the WWAN is disconnected, and the mobile data option in the control center is turned off and grayed out.

Well that’s weird. I can’t think of any way that your app can trigger that behaviour.

There are a couple of ways you might approach this:

• Purely as a user support issue. In that case, you suggest that the user file a bug about this and then seek user-level support.

• As an issue with your app. If you have any inkling that this might be caused by something your app is doing, you could engage with this user to try to investigate. You might, for example, use TestFlight to send them a dummy version of your app with all the functionality stripped out. If that fails in the same way, you know it’s not your code triggering this problem, and so it’s back to being a user-level issue.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Users report that opening the app will disconnect cellular data.

Q