VisionOS access ARKit when in shared space

I was planning to experiment with ARKit for Vision OS to create a widget app that places small room persistent objects in the user room, which the user can anchor anywhere they like. Trouble is, I don’t find it an amazing experience the fact that this needs to be used in a full space, as it’s limiting. those types of widgets would make sense only when one want to glance at them quickly, not as part of the main task a user is performing.

Is there any way the room positional anchors can be stored and reestablished any time somebody opens an app in the shared space, rather than in the full one?

Hello @LucaColonnello,

There's no supported way for you to access world anchors in the shared space with the APIs currently available. If you'd like us to consider adding the necessary functionality, please file an enhancement request using Feedback Assistant, please provide as much detail about your use-case as you can. Once you file the request, please post the FB number here.

If you're not familiar with how to file enhancement requests, take a look at Bug Reporting: How and Why?

If you are able to use WindowGroup objects you can use window and scene restoration via the new restorationBehavior(_:) modifier for Scene, and the sample code for Restoring Your App’s State with SwiftUI.

Let me know if you have additional questions,

Michael

VisionOS access ARKit when in shared space

Q