Launch screen is black when using UIImageView in storyboard

I'm trying to add an SVG image to my launch screen. The SVG image is working fine in the main storyboard also used in a UIImageView, but the launch screen remains completely black; the launch screen is set with white background, so it seems to be completely ignored. When I remove the image from the UIImageView the launch screen is shown with correct background color but of course without the whished image. I can also correctly implement text in the launch screen, the launch screen shows the text and the background color correctly. As soon as I define an image from the asset catalogue for the UIImageView in the launch screen, the launch screen is completely black not showing anything. I tried also with a simple png image-set instead of the SVG image, but still the same issue. How can I implement a SVG image in my launch screen?

Answered by Frameworks Engineer in 796472022

Could you please file a feedback report and attach a sample project? Thanks!

Could you please file a feedback report and attach a sample project? Thanks!

Meanwhile I managed to solve the problem by performing numerous tests, this was the crucial point:

The SVG-icon used in the launch screen storyboard requires the "preserve-vector-representation" checkbox to be checked in the asset catalogue properties.

This solved the issues for now. I'll keep an eye on it when the App finally rolls out to the market, but on all tested devices up to now, the problem is solved.

Launch screen is black when using UIImageView in storyboard

Q