iOS 18 Locked/Hidden apps

Is there a way for an app to interact with the new iOS 18 feature "Locked/Hidden Apps"? In our apps we prompt our users for biometric authentication ourselves and found that locking an app seems to interfere with that.

Answered by DTS Engineer in 796651022
Is there a way for an app to interact with the new iOS 18 feature "Locked/Hidden Apps"?

No.

In our apps we prompt our users for biometric authentication ourselves and found that locking an app seems to interfere with that.

If this is affecting an app that’s currently shipping in the App Store, I recommend that you file a bug about it. Please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Is there a way for an app to interact with the new iOS 18 feature "Locked/Hidden Apps"?

No.

In our apps we prompt our users for biometric authentication ourselves and found that locking an app seems to interfere with that.

If this is affecting an app that’s currently shipping in the App Store, I recommend that you file a bug about it. Please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Thanks Quinn, the latest beta 4 seems to have resolved this issue for the time being. I will keep an eye on the upcoming betas nevertheless and report back in case it happens again.

iOS 18 Locked/Hidden apps

Q