Setting the right height for visualize in a correct way VR180 3D video

Hi, I'm developing a simple app to visualize embedded VR180 3D video. I used a semisphere and projected the video as its material. The semisphere is in the ambient at a fixed y value of 1.35, which is good for a seated person, but not ideal for a standing person because the stereoscopic vision is not correct. In the AppleTV+ and Kandao applications, I noticed that the translation of the video is anchored to the Apple Vision Pro. I tried using AnchorEntity to the head with trackingMode .once, but there is the problem of rotation; the semisphere starts with the rotation of the head. Is there a solution, for example, to anchor the semisphere only to the translation and not to the rotation of the head?

Answered by DTS Engineer in 796694022

Hello @ViewtooDev,

You can make use of SpatialTrackingSession or queryDeviceAnchor(atTimestamp:) to get the translation of the device, and then you can utilize that to anchor your content.

Best regards,

Greg

Hello @ViewtooDev,

You can make use of SpatialTrackingSession or queryDeviceAnchor(atTimestamp:) to get the translation of the device, and then you can utilize that to anchor your content.

Best regards,

Greg

Thanks for the reply!

I'm trying using SpatialTrackingSession but in the tracking I can put only hand, object, world, image or plane and the member "camera" is not supported in visionOS. Running the session I tried to access the transform information of the entities with AnchoringComponent (setting the target to head) but it prints always (0,0,0).

Accepted Answer

Hey @ViewtooDev,

Ah yes you are correct, in that case, it appears that queryDeviceAnchor(atTimestamp:) is your only option, please give that a try!

Best regards,

Greg

With queryDeviceAnchor(atTimestamp:) it works!

Thanks

Setting the right height for visualize in a correct way VR180 3D video

Q