Links not clickable in iMessage app

Hi Team,

We are facing an issue with iMessage app on iOS versions greater than 10.2.

Sometimes, URL links in received messages are not clickable. Since it's hampering our business, we request you to look into the reported issue and suggest us with a possible solution or workaround.

Scenario:
In the first message, URL was not detected as hyperlink while receiving the same message second time from same sender did make the URL underlined and clickable.

Thank you!

• I have the same problem with Apple Maps in message.

• Still have the same problem iPhone 11 iOS 14.6

Add a Comment

Replies

Found a fix that worked for me. Simply close all open apps, then the links that were not previously clickable in texts will now be clickable.

Regan
Links are tappable for:
  • SMS

• Known iMessages (Known means the number has been added to Contacts OR you have replied at least once in the chat)

Links aren't tappable for Unknown iMessages.

Tip: If you enable Filter Unknown Senders in Messages settings, you will see which chats are categorized as Known or Unknown.

Having similar issue, users of our app generate unique branch.io invite links sent in SMS's to other users to join their private activities ... the links appear in the SMS received OK but is not clickable by some iOS users. It is creating a broken user experience for a section of our iOS users.
Link not clickable on iPad, but same message showing on iPhone as clickable. Both devices on same network, same location etc message exactly the same (not copied or resent. Exact same message viewed from two devices). Doesn’t matter which device first opened message.
I get an error that says I am not connected to the internet when I click a link in iMessages.

They are SMS links sent from various places.

This is pretty disturbing as it is an SMS link from the CDC for the check-in process after I got my COVID shot.

Seems like this should have a solution by now three years since OP.

I think that messenger app do not recognize some domains. For example .do

Me and my friends from CZ cant recently click on any link in fb messenger app?!

please help, this is really frustraiting for our company and apple users!

Please fix this issue. The work around is not good enough. My elderly parents who require help has trouble opening links that I send. Its really frustrating remembering to leave a space or text below. I can send a link from my phone and laptop and its the same issue. Why is it only my links and not anyone in my family?

I have an iphone 13 and wanted to identify my cel phone with a bank app and the links that are sent are not clickable...So I can not identify anything really.

I had the same issue with a iPhone 11 Pro Max iOS 16.4.1 i found if I added the sending email address to an existing contact in my contact list the link displayed in message with a website picture too. Hope this helps

Is there any documentation from Apple where it justifies this behavior as security check against the messages which could be junk?