WebRTC not working in iOS11 beta

WebRTC is not working on iOS11 beta on Safari.

getusermedia does not seem to correctly control the camera. The picture is always black.

Also on the google test pages

https://webrtc.github.io/samples/src/content/getusermedia/gum/

Any idea?

Replies

On Safari 11 preview on MacOS 10.13 beta I get "overconstrained error" from getUserMedia running that same sample.

I have the same issue with IOS 11 beta Safari. User agent has some conflicting webkit version and safari version information however, might just not be in this build.

Desktop Safar Version 11.0 (13604.1.21.7) does seem to work however.

Just tested Beta 2 for ios still same problem with webrtc, black screen.

Anyone had any luck getting even audio to work?

Someone told me that audio via getusermedia seems to work on Desktop Safari (11), but I tried it on iPad Air using latest beta (15A5304j/Applewebkit 604.1.25) and does not work. I get Safari to ask for permission to microphone, mic icon is turned on, but there is no data returned in the stream.

I wondered if it was to do with WebKit's requirement on mobile for a user event to start the video playing?

Unfortunately I can't get my iOS11 device to show up in the Safari Develop menu for remote debugging - shows then hides 8( So I can't verify this yet.

Just following up, since I am also experiencing the BSOD (black screen of death) that other parties can still see/hear the audio/video transmission. I tested on an iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 11 beta v2 and was able to see video from my iPhone on my mac running Sierra with Safari Technology Preview.

Hi,

Here are the constrasted results I get when testing WebRTC in iOS11 beta v6 :

- iPad Pro 12.9' : both audio and video working perfectly

- iPhone SE : only sends audio and video to other clients, but black screens and no sound on the device.

[EDIT] Just tested on an iPad Air 2 and it works very well, too.

Same issue, black screen on an iPhone 5S with iOS 11 Beta 4 and 5.

Same issue, black screen on an iPhone 6S with iOS 11 fron Beta 1 to Beta 7.

Tested on an iPad Pro - worked. Beta 8.

Tested on an iPhone SE - didn't work. Black screen. Beta 8.

This is still an issue, it's impossible to get the video/audio stream on an iPhone. Is there a bug open or something ?

Same issue. Only blackScreen 😟

iPhone7+ and iOS 11.0(15A5370a)

Updated to iOS 11 Public Beta 8, same issue.

Same issue on iPhone7+ running iOS 11 developer beta 9.

We're near launch, and it's still not even acknowledged or reported on the bug tracker, what can we do ?

You don't see anything in RADAR pertaining to this issue?