IPad 12.9 volume buttons not working

Hello,

I did an upgrade install of iOS 11 Beta on my gen 1 12.9 inch IPad Pro. I noticed that while everything else seems to be working correctly that the physical volume buttons no longer seem to be working.

Anone else experience this? Any workarounds?

Thanks,

Rob

Answered by Mcomeau334 in 236149022

Hello,

I have an iPad Pro 9.7. I had to go into the sound settings, toggle the "Change With Buttons" under the Settings/Sound section, restart. I might have had to do it twice, but buttons are working. The volume indicator still doesn't pop up when changing the volume, but it does actually seem to work.

Good luck!

M

I am having the same problem. No way to change volume

I have not yet installed the ios 11 beta on my gen 1. Does the control center slider function?

I get the same on my standard iPad Air 2 and iPhone 7 plus.. One minute they show the increments as I increase or decrease the volume and then other times it doesnt..

Accepted Answer

Hello,

I have an iPad Pro 9.7. I had to go into the sound settings, toggle the "Change With Buttons" under the Settings/Sound section, restart. I might have had to do it twice, but buttons are working. The volume indicator still doesn't pop up when changing the volume, but it does actually seem to work.

Good luck!

M

Thanks this worked for me. Funny that it was off by default.

i am getting the same lack of indication with the buttons working. However when i look at the volume display it accurately shows the volume being adjusted. looking at the volume control in the control center and physically hitting the button i can see it changng the Value. Have not tried the above solution of “change with buttons”

Confirm. Change with buttons is real and you will not receive an indication that the volume is being adjusted until you switch that ON

IPad 12.9 volume buttons not working

Q