macOS High Sierra Beta 2 won’t install

Tried to install Beta 2 and it errors out with /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged. Haven’t figured out how to get around this. Thinking about booting form a super duper clone and trying to redownload.

There are several threads about this, but no resolution or workaround at the moment. I encountered it last night and ended up wiping the partition and doing a clean install in Recovery Mode which worked fine.

Happened to me to, I booted intp recovery mode and installed from there. Worked like a charm 🙂

This is not working for me. I went through the beta 2 install again from recovery and went full circle to same issue - hangs after entering my disk encryption password and the status bar goes to 100%. Is there anyway to fix this without loosing my system?? Info: MBP 2015, 10.13b2, encrypted APFS

>> … /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged. …

If I understand correctly, that particular message does not necessarily indicate a problem with OSInstall.mpkg

GitHub – munki – createOSXinstallPkg – README.md:

> … If there are additional packages that the OS X installer does not like, …

In my case – producing an .iso to install 17A264c to a VirtualBox guest – I used ditto(8) in lieu of a cp command within the production. The end product did not report that OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged.

youtube.com/watch?v=GBumIG06XMU 😁

Same Same, but it took me three attempts [and a fresh download each time] to get there.

Bit scary; I was about to Restore from a CCC Clone of Beta 1 [but was wary since there was some doubt about whether it does work] but decided to have one more go from recovery mode [hard restart, cmd R, Reinstall]

macOS High Sierra Beta 2 won’t install

Q