Haptic feedback noise

Hello all. I was getting an unsual clicking sound from the haptic feedback on my iPhone 7 Plus. That would happen when I would toggle on and off notifications or other in setting apps. I went to the Apple store today and the genius recognized the clicking sound. He replaced it and got a new iPhone 7 Plus. When I got to my office and installed the new beta. the weird noise started again. I am not sure if it is due to iOS 11 beta 2 or it's a hardware issue again. I don't want to revert it back to iOS 10.

Anybody here having and had this issue?

Thanks

Accepted Reply

Hi I’ve had it on my iPhone 7 Plus since installing iOS 11 Beta 2. I think it’s a knock issue. Barry

Replies

Hi I’ve had it on my iPhone 7 Plus since installing iOS 11 Beta 2. I think it’s a knock issue. Barry

Thanks Barry. I have made an appointment at an Apple store tomorrow. Let's see what they are saying this time. Hope beta 3 fixes it.

happen on my iPhone 7 (not Plus) since installing iOS 11 Beta 1.

Hi Just to let you know, if you go to the Apple Store running iOS 11 Beta 2 on your iPhone. The staff won’t be able to help you, they are not allowed to touch devices running Beta software. The reason I know this, I had an issue with an iPhone 6 last year running iOS 10 Beta. When the Genius Staff seen I had Beta software installed, they’d said Apple won’t allow them to comment or look at an Apple device with a Beta software installed. Barry

THanks Barry. The genius bar did help me last time with the beta iOS. maybe the technician was nice. Anyways many people are reporting that the clicking noise has happened in betas. So I'll wait for the next update.

THanks

Yeah, same thing.

Glad I found this. I had dropped my phone the other day (It was in an otter box case so wasn’t too worried) but then heard the clicking noise and thought something was knocked loose.

It was strange at first but glad to know it's a beta issue.

I’m having this exact same problem! Glad it’s not just me. I though it coincided with the iOS 11 beta but wasn’t sure, thought I’d broken something.