Cannot use “Erase All Contenand Setting” in iOS 11 beta 2

I’ve found that after updated to iOS 11 beta 2, the “Seeting –> General –> Erase –> Erase all Content and Setting” cannot not be work

I’ve tried on my iPhone SE, 7 Plus, iPad Pro 9.7” 10.5” also getting same issue.

Hope can be fix on next beta update.

Thanks!

Replies

ttry deleting Profiles and restart. If that doesn't work, restore from iTunes.

I didn't have any luck after deleting the profile, and iTunes said that the device couldn't be restored. After I deleted all my accounts (signed out of iCloud, deleted it, same for Gmail, etc.), "Erase All Content And Settings" was enabled and worked. Also, I had disabled "Find my iPad", but not sure which of these steps is strictly necessary.

I can confirm signing out from iCloud helped.

I can also confirm having the same issue on an iPhoneSE, after deleting iCloud + Gmail accounts and disabling Find My iPhone I was able to perform a factory reset.

It worked for me and i successfully erased and restored my iphone. This has certainly helped me in getting back my lost storage. Now i am 7 GB surplus.:)

Find my iPhone/iPad has to be turned off before you can erase the settings, it's a security feature that makes sure that a stolen IOS device can't be erased and setup as a new device.

Yep, iCloud is definitely the key factor.

Turning off Find My iPad / iPhone does NOT fix it, something else was still blocking the Erase setting.

It's definitely a bug in my opinion but at least I was able to get around it.

Actually in iOS 9/10, in order to do the same thing you'd need to know the Apple ID account's password. So it's not really something that would increase security. You're essentially doing the same thing. So I wouldn't really say it is an increase in security but more so just another useless step.

I don’t see anything that makes it harder for a thief to re-sell a stolen iPhone as useless.

How exactly is it making it harder for a thief when it's the same exacty thing? Either way you must imput Apple ID credentials so yea, useless.

Was facing the same issue. While reading this post, after some time (several minutes), a warning that data was being sent to iCloud popped up. After tapping 'continue without finishing' the restore worked fine. Suggestion, tap delete all settings and data then wait

I was having this problem and I turned off find my iPhone and I signed out of iCloud and then it worked