No option to scan in notes

Hi, I have followed instruction but I do not have the option to scan a document in notes, any suggestion what I could do, this was a feature I was looking forward too :-(

I just tested the function and it worked for me. Do you have a ➕ button showing on your keyboard?

Tested using 9.7" iPad Pro

HI,

no don’t have a plus button, where the + button should be is B i u

no way of taking the picture, I’m sure I’m not the only one with this issue lol

I noticed that there is also a ➕ button in the bottom right corner of the Notes app (not on keyboard) that also gives the "Scan Documents" option, along with "Take Photo or Video", "Photo Library", and "Add Sketch". From the looks of this forum, there seems to be a lot of difference concerning what works on iPads vs iPhones. I've been trying to get anyone to answer if the new "Files" app is working for them, but no one will answer the simple yes or no question. Files app does not display any files "On My iPad" however the extension for Google Drive seems to work.

I don’t have the + anywhere on on screen or keyboard and this is the same for both iPad Pro and on my iPhone 7.

and I am also like you and can not get the files App to work either :-(

I am having this same issue. No + sign anywhere in notes, new, opened, etc.

Was this resolved?

Since you're still on the beta, you might want to move to the public release and see for yourself.

problem is apple just refers to a 'note.' there is no such thing on my iphone, latest IOS. they need to say sticky notes, which is there. open one of those and the camera will be there. once again apple fails to understand its users....

Just check in notes folder. If the docs are getting stored in iPhone folder then it’s resolved. If it’s in gmail then just change it to iPhone.

It took a bit, but I figured it out. My husband has an Iphone 13 Max Pro and the way to scan (for free) is, step by step:

Go to notes

• choose "on my iPhone"
  • choose "Scan" (folder) -Choose box w/check in bottom right (create a note) -Choose camera icon - Scan doc or scan text
No option to scan in notes

Q