What is the exact rule for review guideline 4.1.0(c)?

I have a problem with the title of my app "Trophy Tracker for PlayStation". I submitted version 2.0.0 a few days ago and it got rejected because of the following:

Guideline 4.1(c) - Design - Copycats

"App's cannot use another developer's icon, brand, or product name in the app's icon or name, without approval from that developer."

I'm wondering for two reasons about this.

First, why did the previous versions not get rejected? The app is a month old now and from what I know there has not been an update of the guideline.

Second, isn't it a base practice in the App Store to use the title formate "xxx for xxx"? A few examples would be "Creator View for YouTube" or "Apollo for Reddit". And even my competitors use terms like "Steam", "XBOX" or "PSN" in their subtitle. I sent a message to the review team, but I just got a generic response containing the text of the guideline.

I have to mention that I do not claim to be Sony or PlayStation in any way, the reason why it is in the app title is to let users know that the app is only for PlayStation, no Steam or Xbox for example.

What do you recommend in this situation? Is it worth to make an appeal? Do I have to live with it and change my app name? Did I just have bad luck with the reviewer?

If you've made similar experiences or know what to do next I'd love to hear your ideas.

Thanks in advance!

why did the previous versions not get rejected?

Maybe they just missed it?

isn't it a base practice in the App Store to use the title formate "xxx for xxx"?

It's certainly common practice. I don't work for Apple, so I can't explain why they allow some apps and reject others. I can't imagine all of these apps have approval from the respective owners of the icons, names, and brands. It's a mystery.

It's pretty much the same anytime one gets caught violating any kind of law or guideline. A defence that other people have been able to get away with similar violations is a guaranteed fail in all circumstances, even if it's 100% true. The problem is that they aren't going to release you so they can go off and try to catch someone else who did what you did first. You're already caught. Nor are they going to change the law or guideline.

What do you recommend in this situation?

Come up with a better idea that you can own. It's always a bad idea to build an app that depends on anyone else. That makes you dependent and beholden on that other entity.

Is it worth to make an appeal?

I say no. One reason is that there are so many rejections and they all appeal. So that's probably just going to delay your eventual rejection.

Do I have to live with it and change my app name?

Sounds like you may need to change more than that.

Did I just have bad luck with the reviewer?

Are you asking if you should keep trying and hope to get through? That might work, considering there are so many apps like this already. It might also get you terminated from the developer program altogether. I certainly wouldn't do it.

What is the exact rule for review guideline 4.1.0(c)?
 
 
Q