Screen orientation on iPad

Xcode version 26.6 (17F113)

MyOwnKeyboard-PAD app looks OK using simulator iPad Air 11-inch(M4).

It automatically reformats to all orientations using only left and right landscape selected in General, Deployment Info. The submitted app 1.9 (4) had the portrait checked which was an error.

I tried to update to version to 1.10 without portrait and upside down, but Validation states it must have all orientations needed. I tried setting all orientations and the simulator cuts off the sides.

I am using a new mini M4 with Tahoe 26.6.2
Converted from an older developer mini using Migration Assistant. After conversion Xcode could not find xcspace files and apps locked up. I had to create new apps with different bundles which got conflicted in AppConnects causing rejects. When new versions are submitted, old versions cannot be removed because of submission states. Causing similar binaries, design and scam. I got trapped in the process!

I have replied to AppConnect ref. binaries, design and scam.

I hope someone can straighten this mess out.

The good new is the free MyOwnKeyboard-PHONE analytics look OK with 4,000 impressions and 38 downloads and 172 product page reviews. It's a start!

Thank you.

Charlie Coupe Designer/Coder 2026sep16

By reading your post, it seems to me that:

  1. You have had an App Store app with version 1.9 (4).
  2. Something in your app's source code was missed when you migrated to a new Mac.
  3. You created and submitted a new app version, and it was rejected in the App Review process because of "similar binaries, design and scam".

If this's the case, you might be using a different app bundle identifier in step 3, which makes your new app version a completely different app because the bundle identifier is used to uniquely identify an app in the App Store. In Xcode, you can find your app's bundle identifier at: your app target > Signing & Capabilities > Signing > Bundle Identifier. You might want to check if your new project uses the same identifier as the one in your old project.

Trying to publish a same app with a different app bundle identifier not only can lead to a "similar binaries, design and scam" rejection, but also will lose the users of your existing app. If that's indeed your case, you might want to roll back to the bundle identifier used in your old project. From there, you can continue your development and publish a new app version, without hitting the "similar binaries, design and scam" rejection.

Best,
——
Ziqiao Chen
 Worldwide Developer Relations.

Screen orientation on iPad
 
 
Q