Supported way to test Family Controls .child authorization without using a child's personal account?

I'm developing an iOS parent-child app that uses FamilyControls and DeviceActivity. Before distribution, I need to test AuthorizationCenter.shared.requestAuthorization(for: .child), including the guardian approval flow. So far I have tested .individual, which authenticates the device owner and does not exercise the child flow. Apple Developer Program Support directed me to this forum.

What is the Apple-supported way to test this flow in this situation?

  1. Is there an Apple-supported test-only account or setup for this flow without using a child's personal Apple Account? If so, where are its requirements documented? If not, what is the recommended alternative?
  2. Can Sandbox Apple Accounts used for StoreKit Family Sharing tests be used to sign in to iCloud and test FamilyControls .child, or are they limited to purchase testing?
  3. Is there a supported simulator or other test method for guardian approval, or must this be verified using a child Apple Account in a real Family Sharing group on physical devices?

I want to follow Apple's account rules and test the actual parental authorization path before distribution. References to official guidance would be appreciated.

Supported way to test Family Controls .child authorization without using a child's personal account?
 
 
Q