CANNOT GET AN ANSWER FROM APPLE

Ok, I’m an individual Apple developer.

On September 5, 2026, I submitted export-compliance documentation in App Store Connect under App Information → App Encryption Documentation. Apple’s guidance indicates that this type of review normally takes about 2 business days. It has now been more than three weeks.

The document has remained in review since September 5, and no key value has been issued.

I also contacted Apple Developer Support 3 times by email but I have not received an answer to my problem, or even a hint of a resolution.

All I get is a canned reply blowing me off claiming "someone will get back to you." THEY NEVER DO.

This 3 week "waiting for review" issue for the document is blocking me from submitting any and all app updates.

I can't get an answer if it been assigned to a reviewer, or is it still waiting in a queue. I can't get an answer if the pending document is no longer applicable if I submit a new build that uses no proprietary encryption. I can't get ANY ANSWERS AT ALL.

I would love to submit/update my app but EVERYTHING is on hold because Apple has had the export-compliance documentation "in review" since September 5th, 2026.

Anyone else have this issue? How did you resolve it? Do you have any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Apple’s guidance indicates that this type of review normally takes about 2 business days.

All Apple Developer support e-mail blurbs say 2 business days. Means nothing.

Do you have any advice?

Never do anything that takes you out of an automated flow. There is no guarantee that any task requiring human intervention will be correctly resolved in any timeframe. Even simple, mundane issues take weeks. You're talking about something involving national security.

I can't give you an answer regarding a request that's already in progress. I can definitively say that if your app requires encryption documentation then you need to change your app. Then it should be a (relatively) straightforward question of cancelling the old submission and doing a new one that only requires the reporting.

CANNOT GET AN ANSWER FROM APPLE
 
 
Q