Guideline 2.1 response submitted 7 days ago — no reply from App Review or Developer Support

I’m trying to understand what is happening with App Review right now because this has gone far beyond the normal review timeline. My first app submission received a Guideline 2.1 – Information Needed request on September 25. I replied the same day with everything requested, including:

  • a physical-device screen recording
  • detailed explanations of the app’s purpose and functionality
  • information about the services provided and availability

Since then:

  • Sep 25: All requested information submitted
  • Sep 28: Followed up again in the App Review message thread
  • Sep 30: Opened an App Review Status support case
  • Oct 2: Still no response from App Review and no substantive response from Developer Support

The submission has now been sitting unresolved for 7 days after I provided all requested information. What makes this especially frustrating is that there is effectively no visibility into what is happening. There is no indication whether the response has been reviewed, whether the submission has been reassigned, whether additional verification is taking place, or whether it is simply waiting in a queue.

I understand that reviews can occasionally take longer, but having both App Review and the App Review Status support channel remain completely silent for days makes it very difficult for developers to know whether the case is actually being processed. I’m also seeing multiple recent reports from other developers experiencing long delays after Guideline 2.1 requests, first submissions, and review follow-ups. Is anyone else currently experiencing the same issue? For those who recently went through this, how long did it take before App Review responded again? I would particularly appreciate clarification from Apple on whether there is currently a backlog affecting these types of submission.

I have one in a similar state. We've now missed a product and service "soft launch" date, and it's messing up investment and early-adopter plans we had. ZERO feedback from apple in weeks and weeks. We're going on almost 5 weeks since initial submission, one rejection that I corrected the issue and resubmitted. I did an escalation already, with again, zero feedback or movement. I've got people pushing me to hurry this along and it's 100% out of my hands at this point. I don't know if it's best to stay on course, or pull the submission and create a whole new one. just don't know.

Guideline 2.1 response submitted 7 days ago — no reply from App Review or Developer Support
 
 
Q