Review - No way to have quick answer, our game will be release in 3 days, it'disaster

Hi everyone,

A week and a half after we started the validation process for our app, we’re still stuck with just one response every 24 to 48 hours, and now there are only three days left before the game’s release.

The testers aren’t replying, even though I reply politely and send videos to show them how to do it. They test the wrong version, no send of video problem, etc.

I don’t know if I’ve ever experienced anything quite as stressful. Three years’ work is at risk because the testers aren’t replying or aren’t reading my messages.

How can I speed up the approval process? Or how can I get in direct contact with the people responsible for review ? I’m willing to pay if necessary !

The game was tested during 3 month no problem, this last version works fine on my end, on iPhone and iPad, yet I keep getting the same non-constructive response over and over. I sended video that prouve that. What’s wrong with this review system?

Can anyone help me? I’m desperate – our game has been announced and is due to be released on 8 October....

Best Regards

Pierre Proudhon

A week and a half after we started the validation process for our app, we’re still stuck with just one response every 24 to 48 hours, and now there are only three days left before the game’s release.

The testers aren’t replying, even though I reply politely and send videos to show them how to do it. They test the wrong version, no send of video problem, etc.

Three years’ work is at risk because the testers aren’t replying or aren’t reading my messages.

Can you clarify? Are you talking about interactions with your own testers or with App Review?

Because App Review is what it says on the tin. It isn't a testing service. Testing is the developer's responsibility. Apple has built a substantial TestFlight architecture to support that effort.

If you are talking about App Review, then your response times of 24-48 hours are orders of magnitude better than what most people complain about here in these developer forums.

The game was tested during 3 month no problem

Perhaps that's part of the problem. App Review isn't going to test your app for 3 months. You'll be lucky to get 3 minutes. You won't even get that until your app passes a cursory review and comparison against similar games. If App Review can't figure it out from your description, screenshots, and website, they aren't going to expend any effort trying to learn. It's your responsibility to clarify those issues that they don't understand.

our game has been announced and is due to be released on 8 October

Perhaps that was premature. Expecting a 10 day review for a brand new is very optimistic. In the last year of your 3 year development effort, the world has been turned upside down by AI slop. Whether you used AI or not is irrelevant. You are now subject to the world that AI created.

In this new world. New developers and new apps experience extra-long review times. Think weeks or months, not days. Apple provides options to specify your own release dates, but that requires substantial pre-planning and scheduling on your part. Should you decide not to take that option, then you have to accept that Apple will release the app on Apple's own schedule.

Review - No way to have quick answer, our game will be release in 3 days, it'disaster
 
 
Q