App in Review, Or is it??

Im sure this has been covered many times before but none of the other posts seem to match my circumstances.

I submitted my first (and probably only!) app to apple for review, it was rejected almost instantly due to missing information. No problem. As requested by the email and the app notes/chat section i added the information requested and uploaded a screen recording. I then re-submitted on the same day (Saturday), Moved to in review within that weekend. That was a week ago and ive had no reply since.

Ive spoken to apple dev support on the phone but only instruction is to submit the status request via email. Ive done that but had no reply. Ive escalated, with no reply.

My concern is that its gone stale/frozen and will not proceed.... and this is my reasoning for these thoughts;

Anything i research says 7 days is too long without a reply (but not neccesarily to get app out of review succesfuly).

When i click on app info (items submitted) it shows me V1.0 and lists the "Rejection Reason" (2.1.0 - Performacnce:App Completeness, this was due to the fact a reviewer couldnt inspect app without the bluetooth device i sell....the apps only intended purpose and hence why i needed a screenrecording)

Another reason for thinking this is that when i replied again to the thread on app store connect, to promt a reply, it leaves the message as a draft and gives me an error code. (Validation error). Despite the error the message does appear on the browser version but i dont see any way on the browser to reply..... is this case closed??

If V1.0 has a rejection reason against it...will it ever pass? Has it been blacklisted any nobody is seeing my reply? Should i scrap this submission and submit a newer fully complient version with the updated notes and recording???

Hopefully this all makes sense and someone can either ease my mind and tell me to keep waiting or confirm my thoughts that i should start again.

Thanks in advance!

I wouldn’t cancel or replace the submission while it still shows “In Review.” A rejection reason listed in the app’s history doesn’t necessarily mean the current submission is closed; check the active submission’s status and messages in App Store Connect.

Since the app’s main function requires hardware the reviewer may not have, make the review path as testable as possible: give numbered setup steps, explain what the video demonstrates, and say whether you can provide a loaner device or a temporary way to test the core feature. If the recording doesn’t show the full first-run flow and expected result, upload a clearer one through the existing review conversation.

For the “Validation error,” save the message and screenshot the error. Don’t create another submission just to get around it. If the submission remains In Review and the reply still can’t be sent, contact App Review Support with the submission ID and ask them to confirm the current review state and how to attach the evidence.

My app is stuck in waiting for review status for 8 days with no update even after contacting apple support twice. exped review didn’t help also… I really don’t know what to do at this point if even apple support isn’t responding my emails… I’m now writing my problem here as a ”reply” because I can’t even get the post accepted

Thanks for your input. That's given me some confidence that the process is still working.

I should have said that the app already contains a simulation mode which uses the phones accelerometer instead of the Bluetooth device (it's an angle guage essentially). The app works the same way use with a different input. The video was made using the real device. So I really hope I've given enough info.

As I said, I've already requested a status update and escalated but havent heard back. I'll see what happens Monday/Tuesday before contacting them again regarding the error message.

App in Review, Or is it??
 
 
Q