AllFins 4.3(a): clarification pending since Oct 3; Board appeal filed Oct 8

Hello App Review team,

Could an Apple staff member help route our existing appeal and clarification request to the responsible team, and advise whether any information is missing?

AllFins: Apple ID 6815843947, iOS 2.0 (build 6). Developer Support case: 102982766041.

Timeline (Pacific time):

  • September 26, 2026: answered all six information categories requested under Guideline 2.1, including a physical-device demonstration and model notices. Resubmitted build 6 at 10:27 PM.
  • October 3: rejected under 4.3(a), with a general concern about similar binary, metadata and/or concept. Requested actionable clarification at 3:43 PM.
  • October 8: filed the formal App Review Board appeal.
  • October 9: Developer Support confirmed both the appeal and Resolution Centre response were queued, without an estimated timeframe.
  • October 11: still no substantive clarification. Supplied a build-6-specific supplement and requested a telephone discussion in App Store Connect.

The submitted app connects California lake/species planning, weather and driving comparisons, GPS trips, user-confirmed on-device fish identification and private catch journals, recaps, saved spots and tackle. Third-party services and model licenses are disclosed. We want to understand which actual elements require change or further evidence: binary/code/assets, metadata/screenshots, or concept and functionality. We also need to know whether the Extended Review text refers to a separate safety/security/quality issue beyond 4.3(a).

Promotion has begun, but interested users cannot download the app. The absence of actionable guidance has made this a frustrating developer experience. We understand that the appeal itself was filed only on October 8; the unresolved clarification request is older and the current build was submitted September 26.

We are following up on the existing appeal, not filing another one. We do not request another developer's confidential information or an exception to the guidelines. Help identifying the responsible team, missing evidence, practical next steps or a next status-update date would be appreciated.

Thank you.

AllFins 4.3(a): clarification pending since Oct 3; Board appeal filed Oct 8
 
 
Q