Could Not Sign In

Anyone else having an issue setting up their Apple watch for the first time? I'm on iOS 9 Beta 3 and the watch is on Beta 2 but it wasn't paired before so trying to pair it, It won't let me sign into iCloud, when I skip the step it still asks for my iCloud password for messages and says: Could Not Sign In There was a problem connecting to the server. Any advice? Thanks

Replies

keep skipping it and once it goes through everything, go into the setting in the watch app on the iphone and log in to icloud in it.

I tried to skip, but it keeps going to screen to log in again for Messages and there is no skip.

Have the same issue. No idea why.

Same here. I have tried a "Reset Settings" and that didn't help either.

Unfortunately, I had to go into Settings under messages and turn off iMessage. I also removed my icloud account from my phone. I'm now able to get past those password screens.

Same issue here, unable to connect to the server after inputting my iCloud password.

I followed the suggestion to turn off imessage and I just skipped signing into icloud. Once I get the new beta on the phone I'll go back and try and sign in.

confirmed: was able to pair by

* disabling iMessages

* skipping iCloud during pairing (did not disable iCloud on the phone)

This issue, with a workaround, is mentioned in the iOS 9 Release Notes under "Watch App."

Watch App

Known Issues

• Pairing iOS 9 beta 3 with watchOS 2 beta 1 or 2 requires you to sign out of your AppleID in Messages prior to pairing and to skip iCloud sign-in during pairing. Pairing with watchOS 2 beta 3 and WatchOS 1 is not impacted.
  • Tapping Cancel does not work in the iForgot work flows in Watch Setup Assistant.

I turned off iMessage & signed out of iCloud and paired, now syncing

In my opinion iOS 9 Beta 3 and Watch OS 2 Beta 2 aren't matched to work with each other for the first met. I have my testing iPhone 6 from iOS 9 Beta 1 stepped up to Beta 2 and now Beta 3, and it allows me to sign in and there was no errors occured.

Current best solution for the first time pair for iOS 9 Beta 3 and Watch OS 2 Beta 2 user is to disable iMessage and iCloud option on your iPhone, then it will go through. You can then turn on the iMessage and iCloud afterwards. It will ask you for password but won't have error occurs.

Oh by the way, don't forget to have Configure profile on your [ iPhone settings > General > Profile ] as well as [ Apple Watch app > Settings > Profile ] just in case. Hopefully everything works out for you guys

This fixed my problem, thanks! I was out of a watch for two days because of this.

Thanks! I'll try this.

This fixed my problem. With iMessaged turned off on my iPhone I was able to skip and set up the iWatch.