Sticker Pack No Show on Simulator and Devices

I build an animated Sticker Pack in Xcode (all icons are correct sizes, all stickers under 500 kb) > run Simulators (tried all) > no Icon or Stickers

Try iPhone and iPad > Run > no Icon or Stickers

Rebooting Laptop, iPhone and iPad doesn't work. Deleting then re-installing Xcode does nothing. Deleting my project and starting over changes nothing. What am I doing wrong? All support I can find is out-of-date, incomprehensible or questions don't receive replies.

I am a Beginner using:

Mac OSX 10.12.6 (16G29)

Xcode Version 9.1 (9B55)

iPhone 6 iOS 11.1

iPad Air 2 iOS 11.1

Replies

An archive shows 42 animated apng stickers (with extension png) each under 500kb.Total pack size is 16.6mb. There is no reason why nothing is appearing in Simulator or on devices.

Very few issues get solved on this Forum. Is there somewhere else to get Xcode help? I will pay. Because all I'm developing are very real headaches over something that is purported to be so simple.

Hello Blankspaceinc

I have a similar problem and I share you disapointment because there are too few answers.

Were you able to solve it by then?

I use:

- Xcode 9.3

- MacBook Pro, High Sierra 10.13.4

- iPhone 5S iOs 11.1.1

For me, there is no problem when I run the stickers pack with simulators on Xcode (just sometimes some error "Sigkill") but the stickers pack does show up.

But when I run it on my iPhone, the Messages application opens up and then nothing! My stickers do not show up, there are not in "... Plus" from where you can add stickers packs to use them. The only thing that changes is that a "1" appears on the Messages Appstore icon like there were an update to do, but nothing there too.

I already tried with no results:

- restarting both Macbook and iPhone

-"trusting" my developper profile in my iPhone's General settings (my app is showing in the settings and is said to be installed on the iPhone)

- suppressing the app from my iPhone

I have zero skills of coding and it is my first try, so please excuse my lack of knowledge 😕

Thank you or anyone that answers to me/us!

After various tries, due to this problem and after I got that there was some others *, I finally successed at running and testing the stickers app on my iphone !!

I still have the first problem explained in * but I am working on this and trying to make sure this is a simulator bug maybe due to my mac slower disk system (?) and nothing I need to worry about...

I am not a 100% sure what exact solution worked but here are these I tried:

- Trusting my developper account & associated apps on my device (iPhone) = in iPhone: "Settings"> "General"> "Profiles & Devices Management" (not sure of the exact name in English, it is the 4th option from the bottom in my case)> "Developper App: <your account's email adress>"> "Trust <your device>" > "Trust"

- Cleaning = in Xcode's toolbar on the top: "Product"> "Clean ⇧⌘K"

- Enable the stickers pack on the simulator while running and testing on the simulator (I guess that what did the job, but you need to have at least the stickers pack showing on the simulator or also maybe on you device) = in the simulator in Xcode, open the Messages application> Store (Apple Store blue icone next to the message area)> On the bottom, scroll the toolbar (where iMessages apps show) to the right and tap on the white icone "... Plus" that is in the end of the toolbar> Tap on "Edit" on the top right > Enable your app by taping the button on the right of your sticker pack > Tap on the top right "OK" > Tap on the top left "OK"

In my case, the stickers did not show right after, I tried to reactivate the stickers app and closing iMessages and so on but the stickers app showed on my iPhone when I was about to text someone some time after these attemps!

Thanks to Nink's solution on this forum I uncountered by some luck ** : https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/275561#275561

* - a thread SIGKILL appeared invariously with "Failed to inherit CoreMedia permissions from 13212: (null)" when runing and testing the stickers pack on simulators when I sent a first sticker. On the top of this, the messages are not received by the other contact, and after several minutes and a lot of messages and stickers, finally sent messages begin to appear to the other contact (not all messages from the begining though).

So I tried to search for what could be the errors that showed:

- "Failed to inherit CoreMedia permissions from 13212: (null)"

- "if we're in a real pre-commit handler we can't actually add any new fences due to CA restrictions"

- "NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: 'attempt to scroll to invalid index path"

** It hit when I googled "NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: 'attempt to scroll to invalid index path"

I hope it can work for other people !!! Maybe this solution has been explained on several other topics but I did not find others than the link I posted so...