App violation

Hello everyone,

I'm about to develop several apps for other clients and submit them to my account. The clients will have control of their app content.

If an app violating Apple's policies will this specific app will be band\remove or will my entire account will be affected by this one violating app?

I would appreciate any information regarding this question. thanks, everyone!

Replies

>I'm about to develop several apps for other clients and submit them to my account.

Recent reports here indicate that will put those apps at risk of rejection during review.

The altenative is of course for those clients to obtain their own accounts and hire you to work as a consultant to then move each app into the store under each owned account.

You posted this in Enterprise Distribution. Are you actually talking about enterprise distribution, or App Store distribution? In either case, I would think it would depend on the nature of the violation. For enterprise distribution, App Store review guidelines don't apply so there are fewer policies to worry about. But if you do anything in violation of your developer agreement, such as distributing the app to non-employees/contractors, then yes your entire account would be subject to termination. For App Store distribution, in general for minor review guideline violations it would just be the one app that gets pulled, but if you're doing something flagrant (harvesting personal data and uploading to some third party hacker server, using some sneaky way to bypass the sandbox and mess with other apps or something) then personally I would worry about the whole account getting terminated as well.

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and have zero personal experience with the enterprise program.