Using Debugging and Performance Analysis Tools
Xcode provides the tools you need to make sure that your code is correct, performs well, and uses resources appropriately. Learn how to efficiently discover and resolve issues with your app.
- Debugging in Xcode (video)
- Debugging with LLDB (video)
- Xcode Overview: Debug Your App
- Xcode Overview: Unit Test Your App
- Performing Static Code Analysis
- Locating Memory Issues using Instruments
- Instruments User Guide
Finding and Using Crash Reports
Get the basics on how to use crash reports to identify bugs.
- Viewing Crash Reports in iTunes Connect
- Understanding and Analyzing iOS App Crash Reports
- How to Match a Crash Report to a Build
- Understanding Crash Reports on iPhone OS (video)
Managing Performance and Memory
Optimizing the performance and memory management of your app ensures a quality experience for users and satisfies App Review Guideline requirements for the App Store and Mac App Store. Get tips on how to tune your app, find memory leaks, and eliminate performance issues.
- Performance Overview for iOS
- Performance Overview for OS X
- Memory Usage Performance Guidelines
- iOS App Performance Memory (Video)
- Advanced Memory Management Programming Guide
Debugging Apps That Have Been Submitted or Deployed
To reproduce bugs that appear in the submitted build of your app, use the Archive feature in Xcode to test the exact build of your app that was submitted to the App Store or Mac App Store. Find out more about this and other processes to resolve issues reported by users or App Review.
- App Distribution Guide: Beta Testing Your iOS App
- How to reproduce bugs reported against Mac App Store submissions
- How to reproduce bugs reported against App Store submissions
- Debugging Deployed iOS Apps
- App crashes when launched by user, but does not crash in Xcode
- Testing iOS App Updates
More Tips and Techniques
Learn about additional tools and advanced debugging techniques.
Apple Developer Forums
Discuss with fellow developers and Apple engineers.