How to install an iOS app using iTunes

Hello,

I'm trying to install an iOS app (.ipa file) on my phone (iPhone 5S - iOS 11.4) using iTunes for PC (with Windows 10).

The phone's UDID is listed in Apple Developer Console list of devices.

I've connected the phone to the PC and was able to transfer the file to the phone (I can see it in File Sharing section with FileManager Documents app) but not to install it.

Does not work to drag-and-drop the file.

What can I do to install the app?

Thanks

• This site will help you better : [https://not.justsolutionsproducts.com/how-to-install-an-ios-app-using-itunes/)

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

Meantime I've figure it out how to do it.

I copied the .ipa file from PC, went to iTunes, right-clicked on Devices name in the left side bar and selected "Paste". And that's it. The app was installed on my phone.

Replies

Just wanted to chip in as I just got it to work with iTunes 12.12.4.1 (newest version of of this writing) and on my iPhone 13 Pro (fully updated).

Neither drag-and-drop or right-click paste worked for me. But Ctrl-V worked. Copy the .ipa file (normal Ctrl+C) from File Explorer, go to iTunes on the device's page, Paste with Ctrl+V and the app start to install.

• this installed it to my device. But when I tap the app it says "this app cannot be installed because its integrity could not be verified"

Add a Comment

Hello. I have a third-generation iPad with iOS 9.3.5, and I tried the method of copying and pasting the Atari Greatest Hits app to be able to use it with the accessory that was sold, however, the app appears on the home screen, but it is "installed" up to an average of 1/4 of the download, or even 1/2, but it goes up to that point and soon after the app stops installing and soon after disappears from the home screen. Does anyone know what the reason for the conflict might be? I really need this app.