Promoted in-App purchases in app for kids.

I'm trying to make the promoted purchases in the children's application, but I can not. Inspectors require parental gates in front of promoted purchases. I have a parental gate before regular purchases. But the promoted purchases begin to activate immediately when you open the application and I can not affect it. Please tell me how to properly use the promoted purchases in the application for children.

Accepted Reply

In the promoted In-App Purchase scenario, the app will be called via the

shouldAddStorePayment delegate method -

which returns a boolean result. A TRUE result tells the app to proceed with the purchase process. A FALSE result tells the app to stop the purchase process.

If this case, the function needs to return FALSE, then transition to a view controller which implements a "Parental Gate" function. The Parental Gate functionality is discussed at

<https://developer.apple.com/app-store/parental-gates/>

Once the Parental gate function is successful, then the app calls addPayment which will now continue to In-App Purchase process. If the parental gate function is not successful, then the app continues on as if no purchase was attempted.

rich kubota - rkubota@apple.com

developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI

Replies

In the promoted In-App Purchase scenario, the app will be called via the

shouldAddStorePayment delegate method -

which returns a boolean result. A TRUE result tells the app to proceed with the purchase process. A FALSE result tells the app to stop the purchase process.

If this case, the function needs to return FALSE, then transition to a view controller which implements a "Parental Gate" function. The Parental Gate functionality is discussed at

<https://developer.apple.com/app-store/parental-gates/>

Once the Parental gate function is successful, then the app calls addPayment which will now continue to In-App Purchase process. If the parental gate function is not successful, then the app continues on as if no purchase was attempted.

rich kubota - rkubota@apple.com

developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI