iPad external keyboard spacebar not working properly

Hi,

Recently I installed iPadOS public beta and bought an external third party keyboard. The spacebar of the keyboard does not work properly on some applications including the native email app. When I clicked on the spacebar, it inputs newline instead of space. Also, I noticed I can input space by clicking on shift+spacebar or alt+spacebar.

I tried with another keyboard and same issues persists. Is this an issue from iPadOS public beta?

Anyone experiencing the same issues?

• I use the fixing method as suggested and it worked but only for spacebar. My Tab key still have the same issue in Numbers app. I need to Alt Tab to move to next cell in Numbers. Any way to solve this. Also does this work normally if i use Apple keyboard instead? Other than that the keyboard is working fine.

• The solution offered, to clear the space command, works for me. I also had to clear the commands for “Move Up”, “Move Right”, “Move Down” and “Move Left” to get my arrow keys to work (Zagg Folio keyboard, iPad Mini 4, iPadOS 15 Beta 8). I suggest that you also try clearing your Tab key’s command and any other commands that are not working for you.

• Yes clearing activate from spacebar setting fixes the problem for me.

Replies

Can´t see any solution to this besides disabling full access keyboard. I saw the Activate Function in commands and it was set up to Space. Cleared the key, and all worked just fine.