is Sign In with Apple Mandatory?

Hello!

In our app we let users authenticate with Facebook, Google and our company’s own account. So, we've our custom authentication (email and password).

with this scenario, is it mandatory to add Sign In with Apple in our application?

thanks for your time

Add a Comment

Replies

I've encountered an app rejection because i have a regular login + FB login, however, without Apple ID. Therefore as long as i use FB login, i will need to add Apple ID.
our app just got rejected as well. We‘ll remove third party login on iOS, which is clearly a drawback, but we are not able to implement and maintain a login option for only a few people.
Got the same rejection. Not a really nice way to force people implementing their login system. :(
Our app got rejected as well because we included the third party social media login (FB and Google Login). Is there any workaround to resolve this issue as our app requires social media login. Thank you in advance
Pouco me calienta Apple Sigin i dont use if include in FB or Firebase que se foda, aprovaram a mesma coisa antes e agora nao. Eu penso que quem trabalha nos reviews sao uns bipolar que soh encomodam!
El 19 sept. 2020 a las 18:39
De Apple
Guideline 5.1.1 - Legal - Privacy - Data Collection and Storage

We noticed that your app requests the user’s consent to access their camera but does not clarify the use of the camera in the applicable purpose string.

El 19 sept. 2020 as19:03
Hi, we recently sent a previous version that had the same requests in the .plist file informing the use of the camera to be able to exchange your photo and it was approved without problems, none of this has changed. I send a screenshot to confirm this.
Captura de Pantalla ...

El 19 sept. 2020 a las 19:54
De Apple
5. 1.1 Legal: Privacy - Data Collection and Storage
4. 8 Design: Sign in with Apple
Hello,

Since your app offers account access through a third-party login service, Sign in with Apple should be included as an equivalent log in option. Please review Guideline 4.8 for more information about our Sign in with Apple policies.

To learn more about implementing Sign in with Apple in your app, we recommend you review the sample code on Apple Developer Support.

We look forward to reviewing your app once the appropriate changes have been made. 

Best regards,

App Store Review

piada isso ai comedia!!!

Enquanto isso... android tudo certo!
Hmm, it's kinda ****** they force this on us.
What about customers who use B2B Enterprize login for Google, for example? (Logging in with Apple is useless)

What about users who want to access Facebook photos, since Apple Files/Photos is native to the OS? It just gives them a poor user experience and fewer options.

What a pain in the access! Stop with this crap! I can see why this new generation doesn't install any apps.

Also, there's no option to hide my username here? So much for your 'privacy'.
  • Why dont you read the rules more carefully. The part which has list of exceptions

Add a Comment
@ollyd87: All you need to do is give your users an option to sign in with apple...
I want to offer email only for signing in. Actually I want to do it like slack where we just email you a link and when you click it you are signed in. But on the backend I want to use Google Firebase to implement it. I’m not clear how to interpret the guidelines: I am not accepting social logins but I am using Googles system.

Anyone able to provide any insight or share experience around getting approval with email only?

Ok thanks

Okay

I am with @ollyd87. I don't want Apple login either in my app. If users ask for it I can build it in but this shouldn't be dictated by Apple.

I got a rejection now because I have email + Google login I do not understand why the community puts up with such vendor-lock requirements. I am the developer and I am responsible to decide how my users will log in. I don't want to implement Apple ID as I don't see the value for my users. It's outrageous

In my app, by design, the users can set up their profile by filling out the form manually or pre-fill their name, email, and image to the form input using their data from Google service. The latter option will need the Google Sign-In to ask the user to grant permission to retrieve the data. The users are still able to make any changes before saving it. I designed my app to use as an offline app. It doesn't have any backend service, and the profile that the users saved isn't required to use the app. It is there for just displaying. Not for sign-in or access features.

My app got rejected due to not offering Sign-in with Apple as an equivalent option. In my use case, I believe that Sign-in with Apple is not an equivalent option to Google Sign-In. It has limitations. It only returns the name and email for the first time and does not return the profile image. Because the app saves all data on the device, offers the option to remove all data to the user, and doesn't even have a sign-out button (don't even have to sign in), how do I do if the user attempts to set up their profile again with Sign in with Apple? It will not return the user's name or email. They still need to fill out the form themself causing a negative user experience to the user.

I understand that it makes sense to add Sign-in with Apple if my app is using it for the user to do authentication and identify themself when using the services or features. But this is just like the auto-completion for the form input. I want to provide the convenient alternative way to the user. If it need permission from the user, I prompt to ask the permission. If Apple have it, I will provide it too.

Apple Review Team keep answer with the same message that you need to add Sign-in with Apple no matter what you're tring to explain to them. It's not good that the guidelines force us to use Sign-in with Apple whenever they see the sign-in form from the third party.