Can't enroll in developer program

So I've been trying for almost two months to enroll in the developer program and have opened support tickets but have gotten nowhere. The first time I tried, my payment went through but was then reversed by Apple and taken back and my enrollment didn't go through. I called support and they said to try a different card, so I did. The same thing happened where it went through and then Apple took it back a few days later (I called both banks and they confirmed that the reversal was initiated by Apple). All attempts since then (including with a third card) will result in being redirected to a page with "Your payment authorization failed on card •••****. Please verify your information and try again, or try another payment method."

Information is multiple times checked, and includes the card saved on the Apple ID which had gone through the first time, and I bought a small app in the app store to confirm that card was still working with Apple (it was). The only thing I haven't been able to do is enroll in the development program. When I call support they tell me to try the same things I've already tried multiple times and also say they aren't aware of any problems like this and say they haven't had any problems with developer enrollment payment processing. Has anyone else experienced this and been prevented from enrolling? Anyone know a way to get through and enroll?

Replies

Might want to join this other recent thread, same topic: Having issues authorizing payment for Apple Developer Program

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of KMT Down vote reply of KMT
I have the same problem. It’s been more than 2 months already. Did you solve this issue? Any ideas are more than welcome 🙏
Hi I have been facing the same issue. Please let me know if you find any solution. thanks
Anyone can enroll now?
I phoned Apple's support and they said their system reject my enrollment, and just say if you can't enroll then just don't enroll, what a joke.
Add a Comment
I've got the same issue, many try, zero results.
I found a solution, i sent a email to devprograms@apple.com to tell them my struggles.
Before that, I signed up in https://appleid.apple.com/ and I saved my credit card(the sixteen number and the CVV). I told them to purchase the Apple Developer Program membership using my credit card saved and it's work.
Wish that my reply can help you, good luck !
I've had the same problem for the last six weeks. No results. Why does a trillion dollar company think they don't need to invest in good customer service/resolution?
I used the app on iPhone, and that worked. I think the website is borked on waiting for the banks approval.

I FOUND A SOLUTION!!

im replying to everyone that has an issue and hopefully it works for you guys!! If it works for you SHARE AND COMENT FOR EVERYONE ELSE. Here is my quick story of what i did!

So just like everyone else i was trying to register for an account.. I have been TRYING FOR 16 HOURS NONSTOP! It kept declining for some reason. Then i called my bank, and just like everyone else, the bank said there is nothing wrong and that i should be able to process the payment. So after about 46 attempts (litterally 46! I counted) i started reading the forum posts on google about developer accounts AND LITERALLY EVERYONE IS HAVING THIS SAME PESKY ERROR! i noticed some of the people who posted were out of the country.. So i put two and two together and tried to deduce why this is happening. What i came up wirh is that maybe, apple is not recognizing my adress and thinking it is in another country all though i put USA. MAYBE because of how it is formatted maybe it cant verify the adress. So i tried ONE FINAL LAST TIME AND IT WORKED!!

So APPLE abd my bank was RIGHT!! It was nothing they could do because the info we are entering is WRONG!

heres what i did:

The adress is was entering was 1034 3/4 e normandy dr, rosemesd, ca 91776

SOLUTION 1:

The issue was that apple DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THESE ADRESSES so if you have a wierd adress like mine put in the adress WITHOUT the 3/4. or if u have a wierd adress try to shorten the adress. It is ok if it is not the exact same as on the card!! TRY DIFFERENT COMBINARIONS FOR YOU ADRESS.. I TRIED (3/4) that didint work, then i tried 34 and that didint work but once i deleted it completely it worked like a charm! :

SOLUTION 2: Another thing is i did was NOT PUT MY APARTMENT NUMBER. apple has a hard time recognizing that as well. So if you are putting the apartment number,, try WITHOUT IT.

SOLUTION 3: try to spell the city name all the way out. If that dosent work try to abbreviate. Try different combinations.

SOLUTION 4 If all else fails, TRY A CARD WITH SOMEONE ELSES NAME. i tried this (my moms card) i put in all of her info and it went through! Success! Im sure you guys can find a friend or family member to give u money and u can just give them the money back.

If you guys have more issues or can't do it, let me know!! I really hope this helps! REMEMBER TO PASS THE WORD AROUND IF THIS HELPS YOU.

• @ajvasquez I just get error straight away, they don't ask me anything about these information

Add a Comment

I got a solution by contacting Apple Support and reporting the issue (the "enroll" button was appearing disabled for me). They asked me to confirm some personal data uploading my ID document and then the problem was solved.

• How long did they take to reply? And how did you contact them? Phone? which number? Email? Which email?

Add a Comment

It's been a month for me too. I am trying to enroll in a government organization. Could not pay the enrollment fee for like 4 to 5 times already. Used 3 different bank cards. When I contacted customer support, they restarted my enrollment process instead of helping to fix the issue. I started the enrollment process from the beginning. OMG. I am still trying to enroll.