Sign in with Apple, iOS 12 and earlier

Our apps support older iOS versions, and have social login support. Is supporting Sign in with Apple only on iOS 13 and later sufficient, or are we also required to add the JS flow for earlier iOS versions to meet the review requirements?

Replies

I have the same doubt. Did you found any answer about it?

No, have never gotten an official reply about this - app updates with support only for Sign in with Apple only on iOS 13+ were approved without issue, but still don't know for sure since we haven't gotten to the updated required date.

That would really be surprising that they force to do it on older iOS versions.

The simplest for you may be to submit the app with support for Sign In with Apple only if ≥ iOS 13 ; with a notice in the comments for reviwer explaining what you did.

If that's not OK, they'll tell you to resubmit.

But if it's OK (what I assume), you'll have saved some development effport.

Hi,

And did you have to support it for versions below iOS 13?

Regards,
Hi,
Any solution yet? What if I don't support Sign in with Apple < iOS 13 ?
Hello,

can any one please give some concrete feedback on this issue?

Thank you.
Hi,

A similar question has been asked, and answered, here.

TL;DR:
  • For iOS 13 and later, macOS 10.15 and later, tvOS 13 and later, and watchOS 6 and later, use the AuthenticationServices framework as referenced here.

• For iOS 12 and earlier, macOS 10.14 and earlier, tvOS 12 and earlier, and watchOS 5 and earlier, as well as web applications which cannot directly access Sign in with Apple JS framework, you must manually control the sign-in request as referenced here.

• For web applications which can directly access Sign in with Apple JS, use the Sign in with Apple JS SDK. For communication between your web server and the Apple ID servers, use the Sign in with Apple REST API.

If you do not own a server, you might try to use a firebase auth project