Disable "Hide My Email" in apple sign in

Replies

This is not possible. For best user experience, we recommend that developers honor users choice here
This is not possible.
Apple wil generate a random email which you can use to send a email, if needed.
Can someone explain to me how Tinder's "Login with Apple" doesn't show the option to hide the email?
  • +1

• Tinder doesn't take any requestedScopes i.e authorizationAppleIDRequest.requestedScopes = [] empty array. Don't pass .email or .fullName. That's why in the next steps it also asks for email. It just maps the account with the user which is a string value received after login. In short Tinder never takes email from Apple Login.

Add a Comment
Yes it does appear that Tinder is doing something different. You can not create a new account using SIWA you can only login to an existing one. If you try you will get an error saying the account does not exist and you have to create one the standard way with email/password.

I thought it was not possible to present the Existing Credentials sheet manually and it would only be displayed if the user already used SIWA in the app previously.

• +1

• Tinder doesn't take any requestedScopes i.e authorizationAppleIDRequest.requestedScopes = [] empty array. Don't pass .email or .fullName. That's why in the next steps it also asks for email. It just maps the account with the user which is a string value received after login. It doesn't present existing creds. Rather everytime you SIWA, it receives the string user and sends it to the backend to check if any id is mapped with this unique user received. Tinder never takes email from Apple Login

Add a Comment
We'd like the same option to prevent a user from picking a proxy email address. In our case, it's because we're providing an encrypted email service, and it's not practical to give out an Apple-generated address to customers and partners.
  • Just curious, did you ever find a workaround for this?

• +1

• Don't take any requestedScopes i.e authorizationAppleIDRequest.requestedScopes = [] empty array. Don't pass .email or .fullName. In the next steps it you can ask for email like Tinder do. You can later map your Apple user string with email and fetch it back like Tinder does.

Add a Comment

I have seen websites like Upwork, which lets the user sign up without letting the user Hide their email. How is this possible?

• I am not sure what you are talking about but Upwork gives both options (hide my email and show my email) on both web and apps.

Add a Comment