failed to prepare device for deployment

I have an iphone xs running public beta 13.5. I have tried running an app I've been working on on my phone and I keep getting a "Failed to prepare this device for deployment" error. I have tried with both the app store version of xcode as well as xcode beta 11.5 beta 2 (11N605f). I'm also using the free provisioning account.
Any help getting the app to deploy would be appreciated.

I had the same issue with Xcode 14, and a device running iOS 15.7. Two different macs (running the same config), tried rebooting both and the device, nothing worked. What fixed the issue was installing Xcode 13.4.1 and preparing the device with it.

Guys solution is top answer on stackoverflow: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/71618452/failed-to-prepare-device-for-development-with-xcode-13-2-1-and-ios-15-4-devic

1: Check /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport/ (for directory name of your iOS version). EG: 16.4.1 2: If the directory is missing download support files for 16.4.1 (your iOS version) from https://github.com/filsv/iPhoneOSDeviceSupport and place it in the above path. 3: Restart Xcode.

Worked for me with ios 16.4.1(a), xcode 14.2, macos 13.3.1

This problem occurred for me when my iphone automatically updated from 16.1 to 16.4.1(a)

This error shows because of iPhone OS version is not supported by Xcode that's why this warning popped up, so check which max ios version is supported by Xcode which you are using.

In my case, the Xcode version is 13.1 and my iOS version is 15.4 so what I did, First downloaded device support version 15.4 from here (Download according to your device version) and added this to my Xcode.

steps to add the file in Xcode:-

1. Go to Applications > Right click on Xcode and Select Show Package Contents > Contents > Developer > Platforms > iPhoneOS.platform > DeviceSupport.

2. Extract your device support file to DeviceSupport Folder.

3. Restart Xcode and unplug and plug in your device.

As seen on StackOverflow post by Rajni

failed to prepare device for deployment

Q