AudioOutputUnitStart returns 1852797029

We are using AudioUnit and AUGraph to provide recording feature for millions of users. For a long time, we have been receiving user feedbacks about recording failures. Most of user logs show that AudioOutputUnitStart returns 1852797029 (kAudioCodecIllegalOperationError).It seems that once this error happens, AudioOutputUnitStart will always return this error code unit rebooting device or sometimes rebooting won't do the trick. Does anyone experience this error code or know the possible cause of it

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of andysheng Down vote post of andysheng
5.5k views

Replies

same problem. same team
Can you reproduce this error on any of your own test devices? Do you have any information about whether this is failing on particular input or output device combinations (e.g. 3rd party microphones, or something like that)?

I strongly advise you to file a bug report about this. Let me know the bug number so that I can keep an eye on it.
I am receiving the same error code 1852797029 when my daughter is using 3rd party headphones to listen to music. She was able to listen to it for some time and then the error code kept popping up repeatedly. Restarting does not work but if you take them out, press play on the song and then put them back in it will work.

Same Problem on i phone 12

• This is caused by the microphone is using by other application, I know multiple app can share one camera video, audio shall be able too, how do we fix this problem?

Add a Comment