Application won't run GetDYLDEntryPointWithImage error

I have compiled my application on 10.11 using Xcode 7.0 Beta 5 and it won't run on one of my users machines (But it runs fine on all the machines I have tried). Its quite possible this is nothing to do with XCode 7.0 as more to do with a 10.10 issue?

They have a 10.10 machine and this is the error message they get in Console log :-

GetDYLDEntryPointWithImage(/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CacheDelete.framework/CacheDelete,CacheDeleteCopyPurgeableSpaceWithInfo) failed.

It looks to me like some sort of caching issue with a previous versino of a Dylib that the application uses (Note all DYLibs linmked to and included in the application bundle, nothing is installed on the system by an installer).

The erorr they get when running the application is along the lines of The Application is Damaged, move it to the Trash"

Any insights would be much apreciated. I have in the mean time asked him to reapir permissions on his HDD, and to make sure he is running as an admin. If thats works I'll update the forum.

Regards

Ben

Replies

I think its nothign to do with that error message, Its almost certanly just because the application was not signed by me and gatekeeper is not allowing it to run (I think a better error message would be good).

The reason I didn't sign it was XCode crashed every time I tried to export (or Validate) the application as a developer signed application :-

ProductBuildVersion: 7A176x

UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION (NSInternalInconsistencyException): NSDictionaryOfVariableBindings failed because either one of the values is nil, or there's something wrong with the way the macro is being invoked. Cannot assign value nil for key "bundleIdentifier". Keys:(

path,

bundleIdentifier,

profileEntitlements,

storedEntitlements,

extraEntitlements

)

UserInfo: (null)

Hints: None

Backtrace:

0 0x00007fff89e897c4 __exceptionPreprocess (in CoreFoundation)

1 0x000000010889bff2 DVTFailureHintExceptionPreprocessor (in DVTFoundation)

2 0x00007fff95132810 objc_exception_throw (in libobjc.A.dylib)

3 0x00007fff89e8968d +[NSException raise:format:] (in CoreFoundation)

4 0x00007fff8c72368a _NSDictionaryOfVariableBindings (in Foundation)

5 0x00000001093dc407 -[IDEDistributionCodesignStep runWithError:] (in IDEFoundation)

6 0x00000001095d6934 -[IDEDistributionProcessingPipeline process:] (in IDEFoundation)

7 0x0000000109e17e3b __60-[IDEDistributionPackagingStepViewController viewDidInstall]_block_invoke41 (in IDEKit)

8 0x00000001088d6b1e __DVTDispatchGroupAsync_block_invoke (in DVTFoundation)

9 0x00007fff92a595cf _dispatch_call_block_and_release (in libdispatch.dylib)

10 0x00007fff92a55409 _dispatch_client_callout (in libdispatch.dylib)

11 0x00007fff92a585e4 _dispatch_root_queue_drain (in libdispatch.dylib)

12 0x00007fff92a57e80 _dispatch_worker_thread3 (in libdispatch.dylib)

13 0x00007fff989b672f _pthread_wqthread (in libsystem_pthread.dylib)

14 0x00007fff989b4409 start_wqthread (in libsystem_pthread.dylib)

abort() called

Ben

Hi Ben,

Looks like you may still have old Xcode 6 runtimes on your system. You probably need to remove them from:

~/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes

In the 10.11 Release Notes it is explained that:

Xcode processes may quit unexpectedly if older iOS Simulator runtimes (Xcode 6.x) are present on disk.

It's possible that your runtimes are in a different directory, but similar issues have been resolved by removing them.

Max.

The only Coresimulator files I coudl find were in ~/Library/Developer and I deleted those with no change. Note I have never dones nay IOS development or sed the simulator in any case.

The crash happens pretty quickly, but it looks like its when siging a 3rd party dylib thats the issue is happening.

This happens to me as well when signing a third party dylib!!! Have you done anything to fix it?

Greg

In the meantime, I've been doing this in terminal instead to much success!

xcodebuild -workspace /path/to/workspace.xcworkspace -scheme YourScheme -configuration ReleaseOrWhateverYourReleaseConfigNameIs archive -archivePath OutputArchiveName.xcarchive

xcodebuild -exportArchive -exportFormat APP -archivePath OutputArchiveName.xcarchive -exportPath YourAppName.app -exportSigningIdentity "Developer ID Application: Your Name (Your ID)"