Remove app Prepare for Submission

I would remove an app I created this in Prepare for Submission, but does not appear the option to delete the app.

Visible
More > About this app and More > View on app store

How do I delete the application Prepare for Submission?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of lucascorrea Down vote post of lucascorrea
44k views

Replies

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/LanguagesUtilities/Conceptual/iTunesConnect_Guide/Chapters/TransferringAndDeletingApps.html

Read that carefully ("Deleting an app"), apparently you cant delete any app unless you first have something of it accepted.

So in order to remove something you no longer need, you first need to waste time of Apple employees (and hope it gets accepted so you can delete it).

There is no sense in the current setup.

Same issue here, how did you solve the problem?

This is so frustrating. Why do you make things so dificult Apple?

• That's Apple :)

Add a Comment
Apple did not add this option after 5 years, terrible. When you click to new release by mistake you can not trash it! In google play console no problem.
I had this issue when a submission was started for a release but wasn't submitted for review, so it was just sort of pending. I found that I could "edit" the submission by changing the version number under General App Information and then removing previous build and choosing a newer more recent build.

I know this doesn't "delete" the submission but it's a way to edit it without having to submit it for review and cancelling it.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of dxfs Down vote reply of dxfs
  • Exactly the answer needed. Obtuse but makes a little more sense once done.

Add a Comment
As dxfs said it, you cannot delete the pending version, but you can edit it. You can change the version number and use a different build. That worked for me.
  • This fixed my problem, thanks!

Add a Comment

I found a hacky solution.

I'm assuming you already have an iOS app released and would like to get rid of a macOS or tvOS version with the infamous Prepare for Submission status.

Step 1 - Head over to App Store Connect > select your app.

Step 2 - You'll need 3 versions for this to work - an iOS version, a macOS version and a tvOS version. If you're missing the macOS version, tap on Add macOS App (on the left side) to add one. If you're missing the tvOS version, tap on Add tvOS App to add it also. You don't have to add any actual builds to each. You should have all three versions like below:

Step 3 - To delete a version, make sure that it's not selected. For example, I want to delete the macOS and tvOS versions so I selected the iOS version instead (screenshot above). Click on the iOS version to select it and refresh the page.

Step 4 - If you hover above the macOS or tvOS versions, you'll see a small ⛔️ (remove) icon on the right side:

Step 5 - Clicking on the icon shows you the popup to Delete the specific release (macOS or tvOS). Example (for tvOS version):

Here's the problem:

If you delete either versions (the macOS or tvOS), you won't be able to delete the other one. So if you delete the tvOS version (and remain with iOS and macOS versions), you can't delete the macOS version. It seems like the ⛔️ (remove) icon only shows up if all three versions are available.

The solution:

Step 6 - If you already deleted the macOS or tvOS version, please repeat Step 2 to re-add it again, and also repeat Step 3.

Step 7 - Duplicate the tab.

Step 8 - In the first tab, click on the ⛔️ (remove) icon for the version you want to delete. For example, macOS version.

Step 9 - In the second tab, click on the ⛔️ (remove) icon for the other version want to delete. For example, the tvOS version.

Step 10 - Go back to the first tab and click on Delete to confirm.

Step 11 - Go back to the second and click on Delete to confirm.

Step 12 - After deleting both, you might see a duplicate release (in either or both tabs) for the existing / remaining version (iOS in my case):

Step 13 - Just refresh the page and it should be back to normal:

It's a convoluted solution to fix a problem that Apple should've fixed years ago, but it worked for me.

I hope it helps!

• Holy smokes... What egide posted actually worked.. I'm lost for words.

At least I don't feel as bad about the bugs in my app now :)

• THIS WORKED, FINALLY, THANKS EGIDE

• Can confirm, this works. Sometimes you might get an error pop-up when trying to delete. But when I tried the exact order egide provided, i.e. First tab press the ⛔️, the second tab press the ⛔️, then first tab press Delete, and while that's loading go to the second tab and press Delete. Works like a charm.

Thank you for the tip. Apparently you no longer need all three versions, but the hover to get the delete button is frustratingly difficult to find.

• I'd like to know how to get access to the delete button at the moment. AgaDavid said that there's no need for all the three versions but I wasn't able to find the button without creating them. Have anybody figured out how to do that?

• That is not the case for me - needed all three versions for the hoover icons for deletion showing up ...

Add a Comment

I just had this issue and seems like you can't delete it but you can easily fix the version number as shown in this screenshot.

• What if you want to remove that 1.22 altogether, instead of updating the version number?

• Wow!!! Why didn't I think of this? Thanks you :)

• This worked for me as well as I just have to change the version number from single period digits to double periods digits. Like 3.2 to 3.2.1. Thanks

Add a Comment

It can be done. I had to change the version number of the active release, change the build to the newer one I uploaded, and submit the new version for review.

I am trying to remove TVOS platform from my app but there is no way to do it. If I remove the app from availability, my main iOS app will be removed too. So is there any way to remove only tvOS app? We no longer suppport tvOS app anymore but I cannot change its status.

• Is there still no way to remove a macOS app that is already for sale?

Add a Comment

Does anyone know how to delete the "1.5 Prepare for Submission" under iOS App (in screenshot below)???

• dam, this is sux i can't remove too.

Add a Comment