How to stop receiving Beta versions?

Hello,

I enrolled both my iphone 5s and macbook pro 15" to the beta Software program because I wanted the features of El capitan and IOS 9. Now that IOS 9 is officially released and El Capitan will be released soon (30th september), How do I stop receiving beta versions?

I read the link below and I don't want to downgrade versions doing the recovery mode thing, because I lost all my backups, I only have backups from yesterday, no backups from before the beta versions were installed. So I just want not to receive beta versions anymore and use only shipping versions. If I just unsubscribe the program (I have already done this) will be enough? Or Do I have to unenroll my devices? That would be a problem as I don't have backups before the beta versions.

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/unenroll

"When your device is enrolled in the Apple Beta Software Program, you will automatically receive new versions of the public beta from the Mac App Store or iOS Software Update. At any time, you may unenroll your device so that it no longer receives these updates. You may also choose to leave the program entirely."

Accepted Reply

What they telling you is what you have to do to get back to the earlier non-beta versions of the two OSs. You don't actually have to do that unless you don't want to remain on the beta version you have. So, yes, just leaving the program is enough.

Now that you're on iOS 9.1, you are going to have to wait for it to be released fully so that you can update to it OTA (as normal and there's no data loss). Until then you'll be on the beta. There are ways of getting back to iOS 9.0, but if you are not unhappy on 9.1 then there's no point in risking it.

Replies

You are completely safe to both unenroll your devices and also to leave the program entirely using the link at the bottom of https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/unenroll. Neither of things will cause your iOS device or your Mac to drop back to an earlier verison of OS, nor will it remove any of the data on it. All that will happen is that you won't be offered further betas after iOS 9.0 or OS X 10.11. You will be able to intstall the release version of OS X 10.11 when it is released in 9 days and doing that won't affect your user environment - all your files apps, docs, user accounts, etc. will remain in place.

Have you stayed on iOS 9.0, or did you update to iOS 9.1 already?

-Max

There is no way to unenroll without puting the iphone on recovery mode and the macbook recovering using time machine. At least is what is written in the link. I just left the program, is that enough?

"If you would like to unenroll your Mac, you need to restore your Mac using the Time Machine backup of OS X Yosemite that you created before you installed the OS X public beta."

"If you would like to unenroll your iOS device, you need to put it into Recovery Mode and then restore from the iOS 8 backup you created before you installed the iOS public beta."

Actually my iphone was updated to 9.1

What they telling you is what you have to do to get back to the earlier non-beta versions of the two OSs. You don't actually have to do that unless you don't want to remain on the beta version you have. So, yes, just leaving the program is enough.

Now that you're on iOS 9.1, you are going to have to wait for it to be released fully so that you can update to it OTA (as normal and there's no data loss). Until then you'll be on the beta. There are ways of getting back to iOS 9.0, but if you are not unhappy on 9.1 then there's no point in risking it.

Thanks dude. I am ok with the current beta versions i have, I just don't need to get new betas anymore, when the non beta version were relead I will keep on them.