iPhone 6s plus, iOS 9.1 beta 3 severe battery drain

Is anyone experiencing a severe battery drain with this build?

I have made it a habit to charge my iphone to 100% before I sleep so that it will not be charging overnight. I normally have from 85-95% battery after I wake up from approximately 7 hours of sleep. However, after this update I now have about 30% when I wake up on normal mode and 60% battery left on low battery mode. Both instances are a great cause of concern because the phone should not be consuming that much power during idle.

I have checked my hardware at the genius bar with them stating that it is definitely a software issue. The diagnosis log that they refused to let me obtain personally shows that my battery goes down almost faster when I am asleep and not using the device than when I am awake and using it on a regular basis.

Replies

Same problem here. Previously, in normal usage, battery used to last from 8 am to afternoon next day. Now, by 8 pm (of the charge day) I've got about 10%...

Same problem. Battery overnight does not go down, still 100% at 7:00 am. But at 1 pm i had only 45% without using the phone much.

What does Battery say was using the background usage? Wife had an issue with Facebook, it had 3 hours background use! Hmmm.

Same here on build 13B5130b on an iPhone 6. Beta 2 was functioning great however with the move to beta 3 last week my battery immediately took a huge hit, my phone would last consistently all day (6am until 11pm) is dead at 6pm, My apple watch will last no longer than 4-5pm each day, and I would usually end the day with a 10% charge around 11pm. As close as I can tell, the apple watch mail app is killing the battery life. I am going to disable it and see if life returns. This is the first time in recent memory I was frustrated with running beta software. Painful.

It's not possible to overcharge these batteries. They're designed so that they discharge and recharge slowly while they're plugged in so nothing bad happens.

My issue appears to be associated with the Apple Watch. I left my watch at home today and my phone use was back to normal 43% at 7pm. I will reset the watch and start new and see if it clears up.

I reset the watch and set it again as a new watch, it fixed the issue. At 11pm and 54% left. Before I was running dead at 4pm on the watch and 6pm on the phone. Phone is 40%