how to solve "Verification Failed! There was an erro connecting to the Apple ID server"?

how to solve "Verification Failed! There was an erro connecting to the Apple ID server"?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of gretry Down vote post of gretry
184k views
  • If you use Norton 360 and you are restoring your phone you will need to remove this in order to sign in and complete restoration… hope this helps others!

• on latest phones this happens if your not connected to a wi-fi server, since apple needs the internet to verify that your ID and password is correct, So check your wi-fi

Add a Comment

Replies

Just need to configure the wifi then it can connect to Apple server for verification

Check yo wifi!!

I personally was getting this error despite I’ve been already logged in with my Apple ID on my Iphone. The only thing that helped to get rid of this error was providing the ‘Settings’ app with access to WLAN and Mobile Data in: Settings -> WLAN -> Apps using WLAN & Mobile Data

• I'm so glad I kept scrolling through comments because this is what finally worked for me. It didn't even occur to me that this was an app that could lose access to WLAN & Data.

Updating to iOS 15 caused my phone to turn off access for random apps, so turning access on again worked.

Thank you!!

• Wow! Same here, so glad I scrolled down. This solved it! I have no idea why after updating to iOS15 the 'Settings' app was disabled for both WLAN and Cellular. As soon as I set it to 'on', bing, it worked. I chatted with 3 Apple Support guys and none could solve it. Was waiting for a Senior Advisor to call me back... when I found this. Feeling very proud!

• Same for me, the system automaically disabled network permissions for many apps after I upgraded to iOS 15, including the Settings. Just why? I don't get it, but anyway, your solution really saves my problem, thank you a lot!

It seems that there is a communication issue between the Apple and the wifi you are connected when this problem is present. I also had this problem on my iPad and tried hard reset and clock settings etc. but eventually I got through just by joining another wifi which I just shared from my mobile and voila. Hope this helps!

• i just got iphone 12, got the same issue. i tried your solution but it doesn't appear that my phone has this setting "Settings -> WLAN -> Apps using WLAN & Mobile Data" i tried to go to the wifi settings and the cellular settings, and i couldn't find an alternative.

can someone help me please

Add a Comment

I conencted to wireless instead of cellular and it worked!

Settings > mobile data > settings and turn on mobile data.

Updates and Comcast’s seem to turn this off occasionally.

Get someone to hot spot you then try it, worked for me

I had tried everything in this forum, but nothing worked. What did work for me was go to WIFI connection, then choose the wifi I was connected to, click on the little 'i' next to the connection and I disabled 'Private Address' and 'Limit IP Address Tracking.' That instantly worked for me. Seems a very frustrating and unnecessary problem that Apple needs to address.

Jskeiemeke

If using wifi, simply log out of it and back in again. Then, back to settings, and log your Apple ID back in again. Why does it work? Uncertain - but it does.

I was having the same issue. I was using mobile data connection. Went to Settings>Mobile>Settings turn toggle on, so settings was able to use my mobile data. This solved the issue for me.

I had this issue with my iPad. I went to appleid.apple.com and removed all trusted devices. Then, I could finally login with my apple id in my iPad. You can't deactivate the 2 factor authentication once you've enabled it, but you can delete the devices and that helped!

when you log in to many iPhones with the same ID, an error connecting will happen to the Apple ID server.

Why do we have to write so Amy I think it should just be one thank u for understanding I find it ver confuseing writing so many

Setting up new iPad 10.9 in. At Restore backup from iCloud got the "Verification Failed! There was an error connecting to the Apple ID server"? Other replies mentioned time, and I noticed the iPad was dispaying wrong time. I had to factory erase; setup manually without any restore - then time was OK. Then Factory erase, setup manually - time looked wrong again, but Restore backup from iCloud worked this time.