"This item is currently being modified. Please try again later." - Anyone seen this before?

Hi guys,

For the past few days our users have been reporting that whenever they try to purchase an IAP they get the following error: "This item is currently being modified. Please try again later. [OK]"

Now nothing changed from our end as far as we know, IAP has been working up until 3 days ago and all of a sudden this error keeps popping up.

Has anyone else encountered this problem before? How did you go about fixing it? Thanks in advance!

Additional Note: We tested the app and IAP in sandbox env and everything works... We tried everything we could think of but to no avail. Any help will be greatly appreciated guys.

• I'm having issues with this today - similar situation (no reason for the behaviour to pop up, and no idea what is going on)

• experiencing the same issue, no solution also. It seem it's tied to consumables

• same here!

Replies

Thank you for the response Rich, I've send you the requested information.

Thank you very much Rich, that you forwarded the bug report entry to the right person.

Last night I got the confirmation from the bug tracker that the issue is resolved (I assume at least in my case but I don't know if this confirmation covers all instances).

Sent you the email with bug report no. 30135995

Just got my iPhone X in, everything was uploaded without issue. One thing was "Purchase of this item not available" kept popping up, driving me insane!

Just got off the phone with Apple and the fix was super easy.

Settings

Icloud

Icloud backup

More than likely, itll say that its currently restoring.

Click "Stop backup" and BOOM! issue resolved.

Basically, your phone is trying to restore certain apps that are either no longer available, or not compatiable with your X. And when you restore at a later time, good news is it'll base it off your current settings.

Wow, thank you! I had the exact same Issue with the iPhone X and was on the phone with Apple support for over an hour yesterday and they weren’t able to figure it out.

Thank you Jentlemaan...exact same problem on my X, was driving me nuts. All seems to be good now.

Same here....iPhone X periodically popping up this message and blocking all other actions. Sure enough, my phone was still restoring. I stopped it. Hopefully that will stop the madness!

thank you for posting the solution!

Thank you for posting the solution.

I am getting the message and my phone is done restoring. Hope Apple care can help! Any ideas? Thx

Yes had this issue today with this message popping up through the day . Read the. Forum and saw no fixes . I️ went to reset all settings and it worked have not seen the message and can purchase with no issues . I’m no tech person by any stretch but it seemed like an easy thing to do and it has resolved it for me .

I️ started getting this message today on new iPhone X I️ read the threads here and didn’t see a fix. I’m no trick person by any stretch but i did hit reset all settings and when it reset the issue forcme was resolved , didn’t get the pop up message any longer and can make purchases with no problem. It’s the only thing i did unless Apple did something on their end

I’m not a developer. I’m a user. All I have done is upgrade to an IPhone X and IOS 11.1.2. I have made ZERO in app purchases. Yet I’m getting this error too.

I have found out that if somebody has 2 different accounts for 2 different countries than if they try to update an app from country2 meanwhile the original app was downloaded from country1 store than this error message can pop up. This case try to change back to the account of country1.

I need to fixed this issue can you help me please

The best way to handle this is to submit a bug report - http://bugreport.apple.com - please include the application ID and the country iTunes Store the problem occurred under, how to find the in app purchase item in the app, and which item was purchased. Send me the bug report number and I'll forward it on.

rich kubota - rkubota@apple.com

developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI