How to install oldest version of Xcode that run on Mavericks

I need to install XCode on Mavericks. What is the last version of XCode that is supported on Maverics and how do I get it? Current version of XCode requires Yosemite and unfortunately can't upgrade to it.

TIA

Mahesh

Xcode 6.2 is the latest version of Xcode that supports Mavericks. You can aquire past versions of Xcode from http://developer.apple.com/downloads.

Apparently, Apple requires that you be a (paying) developer to download older Xcode versions from their sites.

What would be the easiest (read "cheapest", least intrusive, most timely) means to become an acceptable developer so that one can download Xcode 6.2 from an Apple site (e.g., Apple Mac App Store or iTunes). Apple gives no hint of how to proceed when attempting to download Xcode 6.2 without being an acceptable paying developer, the result is that you just arrive at the "My Apple ID" page (and stay there!).

If you're actually running Mavericks, then doesn't the Mac App Store app show a (free) download of Xcode that runs on it?

The cheapest way of becoming a registered developer is AFAIK the only way, which is to pay the $99 to become a developer.

How to install oldest version of Xcode that run on Mavericks

Q