**Organizing an entire list of Unstable Apps**

This thread has been locked by a moderator; it no longer accepts new replies.

Would like to make a thread for currently unstable apps with this version of the beta.

Has anyone experienced app crashes at this point?

Boost

Philips Hue app crashes

August Lock

1Password

my August lock app seems to work -- at least on my iPad Air 2. What were your symptoms?

My Phillips Hue app works too... I wonder what's different?

Couldn't connect to the lock. I wish this forum would allow for image attachments.

Please don't post about third-party apps that don't work under the beta.

The beta is for YOUR app testing, not reporting apps that don't work.

The developers of those apps should be testing using the beta, just as you should be doing.

Is this something I am missing in the forum rules or developer program rules to this effect?

Seems kind of ridiculous to ask to censor such a thread/conversation, especially when other devs' apps functioning or not on the new beta can be helpful to devs in many ways, directly and indirectly.

The forums are to discuss development of YOUR apps, not to discuss other developer apps that don't work when a beta is released.

There is no point in talking about how Instagram, et. al. isn't working unless it's the Instagram developer that posts a question.

Again - this seems to be YOUR opinion, no, or am I missing something in the forum rules or developer agreement that explicitly forbids such a discussion?

Also, given many, many developers develop apps that integrate with 3rd party services and even in other situations integrate directly or indirectly (through URLs or other data passing mechanisms) with 3rd party iOS apps, why are you so opposed to this?

My 1Password seems to be functioning correctly. I will say this, mine uses iCloud syncing and I had a lot of trouble with my 10.11 install until I signed out of iCloud completely and signed back in fresh. My iPad did not have any such issues.

Air 2 running 9 beta 1

I noticed some other folks talking about SSL issues, perhaps there is an underlying bug with the networking stacks.

Some developers have just one device that they use for development as well as daily use - if there is some third party application that is an important part of their day-to-day workflow that does not function on the beta, then that is an important to know before upgrading. If there's something they need that doesn't work, maybe they'll elect to stick with the simulator for dev until the next update.

My sons app, Infinite Flight, crashes when trying to open it.

Common sense is the rule.

This is a developer forum.

What is the value of this thread?

Who would read it?

Who would act on this?

Who would check what others write are valid?

There is no real conversation, this is a multithread.

This is not against you, do not misunderstand.

Basically any thread which is too broad, which describes dfferent problems, which cannot identify patterns, which does not bring us near to a resolution or workaround is useless.

Most people value their time. See the problem -> find the resolution... Where do you find it here?

If it is of no value to you it is of no value to others?

What is the value of this thread? To see what works and what not.....

Who would read it? I do ...and you just did

Who would act on this? People who have one device only and might decide not to update to the beta (if their workflow is interrupted)

Who would check what others write are valid? It's called feedback.. you say what you see ....i do too... and figure out why (it might be device specific and again people would know if their specific workflow might be affected)

There is no real conversation, this is a multithread. Definetly not with that attitude, little miss sunshine the world does NOT revolve around you....... the sun raised even if you were asleep you know? 😉

On topic ..

1Password works here (iPhone 6 128 GB iOS 9 Beta 1)!

Yes, you have one point.

You want to install the beta, and want to know which apps you will miss doing so.

Now I can understand you.

Please do not bo se arrogant.

I am using this site for totally different purposes. To discuss bugs, workarounds, to resolve problems.

So sorry for misunderstanding you.

Take care.

Sorry for my attitude... but it irritates me when i see that if someone does not see a reson has to criticize....(wasn't all direct at you...) I got (before it stopped ) what i expected from the title...a list of unusable app....

Again sorry if it came out harsh (i know it was a bit too much)

Any developer who uses a device they depend on for daily use should NOT install beta software on that device.

If they have problems and can't use their device because of the beta, they will be back here complaining.

The Wink (home control) app is unusable in that it will not let you log in. The app displays a "Missing JSON dictionary" message.

Historically, from previous "beta1"s, I found that simply re-installing the app from scratch often fixes many crashes one experiences, especially if they are not consistent among the userbase. I can imagine something can go very wrong in the apps local data when you upgrade an OS.

I agree.

A beta is a beta. It is not a cause to slam apps that don't work under the beta. If this is NOT against the TOS then it should be! If you are running this on anything other than a dev iPhone it is a bad idea..If you ARE running it on a dev iPhone then there is absolutely NO reason for this list.

Reporting this Apple to see if they will lock and/or remove this thread.

**Organizing an entire list of Unstable Apps**

Q