How to resize the height of widget in iOS 10?

It seems that the height of widget is limited in iOS 10.

If you search for my username on imgur you should find a few images. Hope they help.

got it, txs!

On a side note, widget minimum size changes depending on the user's text size in System Settings. 😕

on startup of the widget I am often getting a smaller size than 110, which is messing up my layouts. After toggling the Show More/Less button the sizes are correct. But assuming a user will see the initial state most often, this is a big pain for me. Spent a lot of time xib twiddling to make all font sizes work right.

Plus, on inital load the view size can be from 4.5 to 8 pts size difference (or more).

I had the same problem. Trying to do this didn't work:

- (void)widgetActiveDisplayModeDidChange:(NCWidgetDisplayMode)activeDisplayMode withMaximumSize:(CGSize)maxSize {   
    if(activeDisplayMode == NCWidgetDisplayModeExpanded) {
        self.preferredContentSize = myPreferredSize;
    }
}

The widget would just stubbornly refuse to resize.

Replacing it with this seemed to do the trick:

- (void)widgetActiveDisplayModeDidChange:(NCWidgetDisplayMode)activeDisplayMode withMaximumSize:(CGSize)maxSize {
    if(activeDisplayMode == NCWidgetDisplayModeExpanded) {
        self.preferredContentSize = maxSize;  // ***??
        self.preferredContentSize = myPreferredSize;
    }
}

Presto! Why did this work? I have no idea... I'd file a radar, but I'm 99.7% sure that every single radar just gets automatically printed out on an old Apple LaserWriter, directly into a recycling bin which is then promptly set ablaze.

If you will use it like this you will understant

func widgetActiveDisplayModeDidChange(activeDisplayMode: NCWidgetDisplayMode, withMaximumSize maxSize: CGSize) {
        if activeDisplayMode == NCWidgetDisplayMode.Expanded {
            self.preferredContentSize = CGSizeMake(maxSize.width, yourHeight)
        }else if activeDisplayMode == NCWidgetDisplayMode.Compact{
            self.preferredContentSize = maxSize
        }
 }

I'm having the same issue. But i found this app "USAGE WIDGET" can set higher height at compact mode. Any idea how can do this ?

The "USAGE WIDGET" app hasn't been updated since November 2015. That means it cannot possibly be compiled against iOS 10 and Xcode 8 and they are simply getting backward compatibility behaviour, even when run on iOS 10.

pls. help me in my case i can't see Show more button, i am trying like below code format.

didload{

[self.extensionContext setWidgetLargestAvailableDisplayMode:NCWidgetDisplayModeCompact];

}

- (void)widgetActiveDisplayModeDidChange:(NCWidgetDisplayMode)activeDisplayMode withMaximumSize:(CGSize)maxSize{

if (activeDisplayMode == NCWidgetDisplayModeCompact) {

self.preferredContentSize = maxSize;

}

else

self.preferredContentSize = CGSizeMake(maxSize.width, 200);

}

I got the basic widget expanding properly, however, I can't seem to resize it when looking at it on the 3D touch shortcut menu. There isn't a show more option. Has anyone found a way to address that case?

It looks like you're setting the maximum widget size to the compact size.

Change:

[self.extensionContext setWidgetLargestAvailableDisplayMode:NCWidgetDisplayModeCompact];

To:

[self.extensionContext setWidgetLargestAvailableDisplayMode:NCWidgetDisplayModeExpanded];

Hello JLaser,

I am trying both way but i am not see button.

any key added in info.plist file.?

Hello JLaser,

I am uninstall app and agin install then i'll see button so thank you very much.

Some time geeting on simulator but when i am checking on other simulator then not displyed and also i'll run application in device but not displayed.

I've read this thread and I'm glad for the input it provides. However, I still havent got it 100% working to get the height adjusted using auto layouts in "expanded" mode.

In one sample app I've created (https://github.com/everlof/TodayExtensionSample) it will adjust the height correctly according to auto layouts when the extension is started in .expanded-mode but, when toggling between .compact and .expanded modes, it will simply not adjust correctly once .expanded is selected again.

Anyone have any hints or tips?

How to resize the height of widget in iOS 10?

Q