Installing macOS Big Sur beta

I installed the profile for macOS Big Sur, but I got updated to Catalina beta 10.15.6 beta instead.

Is it possible to install the Big Sur beta already?

Accepted Reply

Here’s the list of macOS Big Sur compatible Macs:

2015 and later MacBook
2013 and later MacBook Air
2013 and later MacBook Pro
2014 and later Mac mini
2014 and later iMac
2017 and later iMac Pro
2013 and later Mac Pro

Replies

For anyone else having issues getting the latest Big Sur Beta going.

https:// mrmacintosh.com/big-sur-beta-not-showing-up-in-software-update-troubleshooting/
any answers for this I am not able to use macOS bigsur
Any update on Public Beta for Big Sur? I have a mid-2013 MacBook Air. I installed the beta access utility from the beta.apple.com site and it enrolled me. It downloaded the latest Catalina beta though and I refreshed and it won't find Big Sur.
Check Feedback Assistant, specifically known issues with Big Sur. You'll find what you're reporting is known issue.

Known Issues
If you updated to macOS Big Sur 11 beta from a previous version of macOS, Software Update might show "Unable to check for updates - Failed to download the documentation for the minor update. Please try again later". (63158434)
Workaround:
Start up from macOS Recovery.
If your data volume is encrypted, use Disk Utility to mount it.
In Terminal type rm -rf "/Volumes/Macintosh HD - Data/private/var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n00000y800007k".
Restart your Mac.

There is additional data which is helpful. I suggest you review it, since it doesn't apply to everyone.
Hope this helps.
I Have a MacBook Air 2018 and I installed the beta profile but macOS 10.15.6 got downloaded instead

I had the same problem that after installing the public beta profile for Big Sur, I was only offered an upgrade to the latest beta from Catalina.
So I ran sudo as root via terminal and typed the commands there:

open terminal
sudo -i
enter root password
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Versions/A/Resources/seedutil

Unenroll from the Beta Program 
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Versions/A/Resources/seedutil unenroll

Enroll in the DeveloperSeed Beta 
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Versions/A/Resources/seedutil enroll DeveloperSeed

Close and re-open System Preferences > Software Update
The new Beta should now show up

The earlier posted solution by Steffen_Volgmann fixed it for me!
I just tried the solution by SteffenVolgmann and it worked. Thanks SteffenVolgmann.
I was facing a similar issue, so I tried the solution provided here.

It showed that I'm enrolled into 2 programs, but when I went to system preferences, it still didn't show up. So I just unticked the option that says

automatically keep my mac up to date

and voila it showed up right there along with Safari beta 14.

open terminal
sudo -i
enter root password
copy and paste this to command line:
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Versions/A/Resources/seedutil

Unenroll by copying and pasting this to command line:
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Versions/A/Resources/seedutil unenroll

Enroll in the DeveloperSeed Beta by copying and pasting this:
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Versions/A/Resources/seedutil enroll DeveloperSeed

Close and re-open System Preferences > Software Update
Give it a bit of time.
The new Beta should now show up.

Thanks to @Steffen_Voglmann ^^
What Steffen_Volgmann said worked perfectly, try this

open terminal
sudo -i
enter root password

Unenroll from the Beta Program 

Enroll in the DeveloperSeed Beta 
What you would have to do is make sure you installed the right beta that has the right requirements for your laptop, computer etc. You would have to make sure that it is compatible first. If it does not work you can respond to my email and I will answer within 2 hours. You have to make sure your portal is certified first because everyone had to install the latest versions and able to use MacBook. If you are using a non MacBook then it will not work so you must have a MacBook Pro for order to use the portal. The portal has one or more installations so be sure to lookout for the app that says MacBook or hp services we don't support Chromebook and acres.
Make sure to install the outer system of your modem to complete the forms

Steffen's solution worked for me as well. Thanks much.

To recap, in Terminal enter
Code Block
sudo /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Versions/A/Resources/seedutil unenroll
sudo /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Versions/A/Resources/seedutil enroll DeveloperSeed

Then, in System Preferences, open Software Update and wait a few seconds. "macOS Big Sur Beta" shows up.