macOS Big Sur breaks Razer peripherals

For whatever reason, my Razer Huntsman keyboard does work for the most part but none of the audio controls do anything on the keyboard. In addition, I've tried two different razer mice and neither work at all. Everything worked perfectly before the beta.

Replies

My Synapse now detects my Razer devices (Ornata Chroma + Deathadder) <big thanks to Avaddon’s solution> but none of the key binds work anymore :’) Buttons 4 & 5 on my Deathadder are now useless. None of the function keys work.

Anyone has a solution for this? I’ve tried installing Karabiner Elements (and allowing permissions etc.) but it doesn’t work as well.

Never got the "allow" part / confirmation / button on Security & Privacy on System Preferences.

Tried this: sudo kmutil load -z -p /Library/Extensions/RazerHid.kext

and adding: Razer Synapse.app and RzDeviceEngine

to the input and full disk access, rebooted, worked.

I solved with this

https://gist.github.com/fcoclavero/431123c7708e42de63eb75264a44de02

• This worked like a charm for my Razer Naga Trinity. It's unfortunate that there's still no update regarding Synapse 3 for mac...

Add a Comment

Steermouse app solved the problem for me! :) It recognizes my Tartarus V2 and let me program all the buttons

Karabiner Elements brought my beloved Razer Nostromo to life in Monterey! You can use profiles for multiple setups almost like with the Synapse.

And you don't have to mess with the Complex modifications to bind multiple key shortcuts to one keypad key. Just select Razer device in Simple modifications add, a binding for a key and then edit the ~/.config/karabiner/karabiner.json file to adjust the binding.

For example: I wanted to bind Razer Nostromo 07 (stands for [A] by default) to [Option + F1] for EVE Online

In Simple modifications for Razer Keyboard I added the binding from letter key -> A to function key -> F1 then in the ~/.config/karabiner/karabiner.json file changed this binding

"from": {
                                "key_code": "a"
                            },
                            "to": [
                                {
                                    "key_code": "f1"
                                }
                            ]

to the one with modifier key included:

"from": {
                                "key_code": "a"
                            },
                            "to": [
                                {
                                    "key_code": "f1",
                                    "modifiers": [
                                        "left_alt"
                                    ]
                                }
                            ]

Saved JSON file and instantly saw changes reflected in Karabiner Elements GUI.

My sincere thanks to all Karabiner developers!