Problems with WiFi on macOS Big Sur

I've updated to Big Sur from Catalina and I'm having trouble when connecting to WiFi networks. At first no network appeared and now even though it has connected silently to my usual network, it is showing as no connected, but internet actually works.

Anyone having this kind of problems so far? I haven't seen anything related on the forums nor the release notes.
  • how does one get around this problem? Anyone fixed it yet? I’m starting to be convinced it’s my cannon utility software on my Mac as it’s not compatible with big sur for wifi and causes corruption of files somehow. Maybe be wrong - but re imaged no issue then got back to transferring files over wifi from camera and it’s all went haywire again.

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

Could you please report this via https://feedbackassistant.apple.com and attach a sysdiagnose?
You can trigger a sysdiagnose by running sudo sysdiagnose from Terminal. Thank you!

Replies

A nvram/pram reset did the trick for me.
macbook pro mid 2015 shows green light on wifi connection, but no browsers or other programs can connect to the internet.
I tried resetting pram, and deleting my wifi preferences as suggested by axolotl

I also tried to connect to ethernet via thunderbolt display, and no luck there either.
I'm having a similar issue – after wake my MBP is connected to a blank/ghost network which it has to be manually disconnected from and connected to the home/workplace wifi.
Just had this going from beta 5 to beta 6. Reset my router turned on/off Wi-Fi, “forgot” networks and reset them up. It would only assign an up of .2 or .23 when it normally would be in the .170 range. Wouldnt recognize the usb c network adapter either not my phones hotspot. Couldn’t sign in to submit a bug report.

rebooted to recovery and it complained about being unable to reach the network when I tried to install, but when I tried again it started to install. With some luck it will be back up and running.
I have the same issue - tried all the steps mentioned here - reinstallation (with USB-C Ethernet adapter) - and it installed the same Big Sur version. It doesn’t see the USB-C network card now when the OS is loaded (only in recovery). Ran sudo sysdiagnose but it’s 400 MB, will try to upload through phone if I can get it off with Airdrop. Really frustrated as this is the first Mac Beta that has become a showstopper for me. Can someone help?
i was using iphone max xs hotspot to connect to my mac book air late 2015 running catlina. Just upgraded to ios 14 on my cell and beta BIgSur.

since i have done these upgrades, i am so disappointed, mac book does not even diagnose iphone hotspot which has been selected as default auto connect option. Only way i can connect to is is getting into other connections and selecting the hotspot manually.

once the phone or macbook goes idlw, connection is lost and can only be restored if i do network reset on iphone.

i am frustrated and go back to catalina.

how do i fix this issue?

moreover once you manage to connect again, internet dows not work though it states connected.

other hotspot connections with my ipad and android work fine
Updating to Big Sur Beta 9 (released this morning) via Safe Boot solved this issue for me. I had tried literally every fix mentioned. If you're still seeing this issue, do the following:

Shut down your Mac
Hold the left Shift key and power on
Release Shift when able to choose your user and enter your password (if on a corporate owned Mac as I am, you may be prompted to log in again using username and password)
Go to Prefs > Software Update
Update to Beta 9 and realize that Microsoft Teams notifications have no content, but YOU HAVE INTERNET. Huzzah.
I'm using a macbook pro 16, use my hotspot frequently in the past on catalina. Upgraded and running big sur beta 9, and was having a heck of a time getting my iphone hotspot to connect reliably. Would connect, but not get ip, or would connect and get ip but no internet. Very frustrating. I found if I connected to my wife's iphone (which I never do), it seemed to work. Or, connecting to a real wifi network, also ok.

I did a NVRAM reset, didn't seem to fix.

I did a SMC reset, and resolved issues entirely for me.

I am typing this connected to my iphone hotspot! :-)
Hi I’m using a MacBook Pro 2015 late model I installed big sir as also being a beta tester and developer not able to turn on WiFi hope anyone has found any solution to the issue of found pls mail on email-sahajverma09@gmail.com
NVRAM reset worked for me. (Early 2020 13” MBP)
I’m having the same problem. WiFi not connecting nor is direct connect working. I’ve removed my network connections and restarted the Mac Mini. No success. Can’t use my computer with out Network connection.
Help!!! I'm facing this annoying problem everyday since I upgraded my Catalina to macOS Big Sur 11.0.1.

The Wi-Fi is connected but with no Internet access after a while.
The Wi-Fi has no problem in Catalina.

I really can't image an MBP without Internet.
Just hope Apple can fix this issue ASAP!!!
Big Sur don't show my personal hotspot (iPhone, iPad) in Wifi networks!

SMC / PRAM reset is done.
Removed unsupported VPN software, such as GlobalProtection VPN, and reinstalled it this fixed the Wi-Fi issues for me.
I had the problem of MacOS showing connection (both wifi and via ethernet) but no outwards or inwards data were coming in. This was in the official release of Big Sur.

Upgrade from Catalina to Big Sur in a MacBook Pro 2015 15". Eventually the problem is that of incompatible kext (kernel extensions, i.e. module extensions).

Execute in a terminal:

kext | grep -v com.apple

this will show you all the third party kernel extensions (not issued by apple but by third party applications).

The problematic kexts could be VPN software or antivirus software.

In my case it was the Global Protect VPN client installed kexts. The software would not allow me to delete it completely (move to bin) so I had to unload its running kexts and reboot:

launchctl unload /Library/LaunchAgents/com.paloaltonetworks.*

That solved the problem after wasting 2 days!

Check for the other third party kexts (antivirus?) if the VPN is not your problem.

Cheers!