Problems with WiFi on macOS Big Sur

I've updated to Big Sur from Catalina and I'm having trouble when connecting to WiFi networks. At first no network appeared and now even though it has connected silently to my usual network, it is showing as no connected, but internet actually works.

Anyone having this kind of problems so far? I haven't seen anything related on the forums nor the release notes.
  • how does one get around this problem? Anyone fixed it yet? I’m starting to be convinced it’s my cannon utility software on my Mac as it’s not compatible with big sur for wifi and causes corruption of files somehow. Maybe be wrong - but re imaged no issue then got back to transferring files over wifi from camera and it’s all went haywire again.

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

Could you please report this via https://feedbackassistant.apple.com and attach a sysdiagnose?
You can trigger a sysdiagnose by running sudo sysdiagnose from Terminal. Thank you!

Replies

I had this same issue when I downloaded BigSur from Catalina. What had helped me with the internet connectivity was, I had to restore my laptop to factory default. Before you do that, make sure everything on your laptop is saved onto a memory stick, and/or backed up. After restoring everything to factory default, and downloading BigSur again, my laptop has been connecting to the internet/wifi smoothly. It's a lot of work, but worth it in the end.
I just upgraded to Big Sur (11.2.3) from Catalina. And I'm experiencing this problem.
Is the only fix to reinstall Big Sur? that seems like alot of work for a "maybe" fix.
Anyone have any other ideas?
I am having issues since the Upgrade to BigSure of my MacBook pro. Since upgrade my wifi became extreme slow whilst all other machines work as normal. I have not yet found a way to fix that and i am running on 11.2.3
You need to reset your network settings. This manual fixed the problem for me: howchoo.com/mac/reset-network-settings-macos
Does Big Sur 11.2.3 fix these issues right now?
Once you've updated to big sur, if you have an old router for wifi, big sur won't recognize it. You'll need to get an new router. Will be much better connection and faster.
I had created feedback and submitted my bug report multiple times, and opened a support ticket with Apple and none of the suggestions fixed it.

So I just installed Big Sur 11.3 today after struggling with this on my MacBook Pro 2018 for months. Putting in a manual DNS entry was the fix that allowed me to download the 11.3 update consistently (this was from another forum post). Once that was done, I removed the manual DNS entry and been online for 2+ hours now! 11.3 seems to have fixed it.
My issue was that I was still connected via VPN. I disconnected from my VPN and I was good.
I use MacBook air 2017. After I updated it Wifi not working. What should i do?
Updating to Big Sur 11.3.1, and experiencing on and off internet connection. Just connected to wifi but no connection from time to time. Already called the internet provider, no issue since my Ipad and iPhone can connect to the internet without any issue. Same with a windows laptop and android phone can connect properly. This issue is isolated to my macbook pro 13inch early 2015 and happened after I updated to Big Sur. Hoping will be resolved when I updated to 11.3.1, but it got worsen. please resolve this issue. thanks
  • Using 11.4 and confirming the same issue on MacBook Pro 16“ and 13“. Wireless works flawlessly with approx. 10 other devices including iPads and iPhones. It‘s for sure not a network issue. Tried a lot, no workaround helped. Apple needs to fix this quickly, can‘t work like this and looking for hardware alternatives.

Add a Comment
Here like Marko85 when someone started to fix this bug?
I have already done all the tutorials to repair wif-fi Big Sur from the internet.

Just in case for someone who came to this article because of the same issue like me. It is just needed to edit/create a new location with a new name.(no new settings inside) https://www.igeeksblog.com/mac-disconnecting-from-wi-fi-after-sleep-wake/

I’ve had my m1 MacBook Air for a day now and setup the laptop via Time Machine migration, later setting up a user profile for my partner.

Strangely her user profile has been experiencing multiple known m1 issues including wifi issues and the randomly appearing and inescapable screensaver.

She had no wifi, but I logged her out and went into my user and had internet working just fine. So I set up another user profile for her as a workaround. It’s far from ideal but in this computers situation it seems to somehow be associated with user profiles? It’s really strange.

Same here, no internet connection after upgrading from Catalina to Big Sur 11.5.1 Guys from Apple Development, could somebody help, its annoying to make a downgrade to catalina on all 55 corporate devices. SOS.

It is unbelievable that this issue is more or less 1 year old! Apple is not doing anything to help their customers... Even not a single message saying they are working on it! One of the reasons of purchaising a Macbook, was related to the "excellent" support given by Apple, and now I'm feeling really disappointed. This was my first Macbook, and for sure my last one!

• Totally agree! The web is full with supposed solutions (none of which however did fix the situation for me), there must be thousands of users (and Apple clients) with the same problem and after a year of Big Sur no official fix.

Add a Comment