Sign In With Apple not working with Xcode 12 beta on simulator ?

Running the sample "Juice" app, which demos the Sign In With Apple flow, doesn't seem to work with Xcode 12 beta and iOS 14 beta on the simulator (worked fine on the non-beta versions and on a real device with iOS 14 beta).

Once the password for the device's Apple ID is entered, the wheel in the password field just keeps spinning. No error messages and nothing handed back over to the app from the ASAuthorizationController.

Anyone else seeing this problem ? Are there any workarounds ?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of npvisual Down vote post of npvisual
91k views
  • Same problem here, any solution yet?

• facing the same issue in xcode 12.3 and simulator iOS 14.3

• This is a complete joke... absolutely no comment by Apple on this... Apple doesn't care about its developers at all... The only solution: buy an iPhone!

Replies

The quicker developers understand that Apple no longer care about you, the quicker you will go and develop on Android. To completely ignore developers with issues like this shows us that Apple does not care about anything but money. It is another perfect example of how Apple keep throwing untested, not fit for purpose software out the door and building more technical debt than they can feasibly deal with.

Simply put, stop posting here because Apple just don't care.

I'm having the same issue.

It's quite frustrating and disappointing.

My app is being rejected because Apple Sign In is a requirement for App Store submissions with other 3rd party sign ins; yet Apple Sign in is unresponsive. So there seems to be no way forward.

It's rubbish and a huge waste of my time. Hard to look at Apple the same way.
Application is rejected for this reason and can't do anything about it. It seems like it's working on iOS 13 simulator but it's not possible to run simulator on iOS 13 on ARM chips.

Don't know what to do.
This issue seems to persist in Version 12.4 (12D4e). It's blocking the resolution of a bug with Sign In With Apple as well. The upload options here only allow for text, so it'd be great if you could specify which logs exactly you need from the commands suggested above. If anyone is in fact paying attention.
I'm still seeing this issue with Xcode 12.5 and iOS 14.5. Anyone found a workaround that is not use iOS 13?
xcode Version 12.5 (12E262) still not work.
It is staggering the lack of interest in fixing this issue for the Xcode simulators from Apple. Some users say it's working fine for real devices but not everyone that has a Mac has an iPhone (it'd be like buying another Mac ffs) and we rely on the simulator. I can't believe that something that should be so simple is not definitely within Apple's priorities to fix. Are they losing interest in supporting their Apple ID login then? Because if that's so, that'd be a better response for my clients to digest than having them annoy me everyday for something that's not even under my control. No wonder why Android is still leading the mobile market.
This is an annoying bug - but in Apple's defense - it's only been open for 10 months and only affects more than TWENTY THOUSAND developers that are watching this exact ticket. (rolling eyes)

Seriously though... I can't fathom the reason why Apple does not make this issue a priority to fix.

I think that somebody in support or development at a fairly low level is ignoring (or actively blocking) the escalation of this problem for some misguided reason and I can only hope that they get fired for their incompetence when this issue finally gets the attention of somebody competent in management.

Hi All,

No work around found for iOS 14 + yet.

However here is a workaround for implementing sign in with apple (for development in the simulator) that we've been using:
  • Download the 13.7 simulator - Xcode > Preferences > Components > iOS 13.7 Simulator

• Change the build version in Targets > Deployment Info to iOS 13.6 or below.

• Run the simulator by selecting the 13.7 Sim.

We have been doing this for any of the Sign in with apple implementation and it seems works fine. We are switching back to later versions for testing on normal devices where this issue doesnt seem to occur.

• You're a hero - this worked for me

Add a Comment
Why is it so hard to fix this issue? Why? Apple makes developers go through hell in the interview process. If this is the type of engineering that gets through that process... time for a new approach.

Same issue

Massively annoying. Extremely disappointing. Created a ticket on https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/ (FB9102671)

Doesn't do much but it's a way to vent your frustration.  ¯_(ツ)_/¯

same issue here.

Spending 4 hours digging in why our App is rejected by App Store because of Apple log in but resulting in discovering Juice, provided by Apple documentation having same issue.

Don't know what to do

Also still have the same problem! Really Apple?

Have same issue on emulator ios 14.5. Now trying to run on 13.7.

Is the 'Sign in with Apple' feature really going to be broken throughout ALL iOS 14 (Xcode 12) versions since Xcode 12 beta? If your iOS 14+ app only relies on Sign in with Apple as an authentication method, this is a hard roadblock.

I wonder how many countless hours are lost by both Developers & Apple's App Reviewers because of this issue.