Sign In With Apple not working with Xcode 12 beta on simulator ?

Running the sample "Juice" app, which demos the Sign In With Apple flow, doesn't seem to work with Xcode 12 beta and iOS 14 beta on the simulator (worked fine on the non-beta versions and on a real device with iOS 14 beta).

Once the password for the device's Apple ID is entered, the wheel in the password field just keeps spinning. No error messages and nothing handed back over to the app from the ASAuthorizationController.

Anyone else seeing this problem ? Are there any workarounds ?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of npvisual Down vote post of npvisual
92k views
  • Same problem here, any solution yet?

• facing the same issue in xcode 12.3 and simulator iOS 14.3

• This is a complete joke... absolutely no comment by Apple on this... Apple doesn't care about its developers at all... The only solution: buy an iPhone!

Replies

same issue

Well, Apple has f**ed us again, guys. Another one issue that isn't going to be resolved.

Just pure disappointment. And they charge us every year FOR THAT.

no puedo creer que este issue lleve mas de un año y no lo resuelvan. Primero nos cobran anualmente para ser desarrolladores, luego nos obligan a que si en la app ponemos una autenticación de terceros agreguemos la de ellos... pero las de ellos no anda como corresponde de en emuladores... una genios o nosotros muy ...

This is absurd. Apple needs to fix this.

Indeed, this is so stupid of them, they need to sort out ASAP. Same issue :(

Same issue! Guys, are you serious?

Hey, could we get this fixed soon, it's really blocking the development process, the login flow is essential for almost every app, and it's not real for testing every single time with a real device plugged in.

The only workaround now is to downgrade the support os version to iOS 13, which also is almost impossible for us, as we've put effort to drop iOS 13, and SwiftUI is more mature since iOS 14, there are quite a few APIs changed from iOS 13 to 14, it would make the codebase ugly.

Please, please fix ASAP

I also have this issue. It's ridiculous that they haven't fixed it yet.

Just ran in this problem, when trying to log in as a test user. Any fixes yet that don't involve downgrading XCode?

Hi, I run into the same problem, infinite wheel.

Same problem , it take long time , i thinks it will take xx years to solve it .

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of J-N Down vote reply of J-N
  • Same issue ... This is a major issue for development..

Add a Comment

Any iOS version on which it is working? Can confirm that this is still happening on iOS 14.5.

Hi, I still run into the problem, infinite wheel.

Same problem. As a new apple developer I am really surprised with how terrible their developer experience and support is.

+1 and yes, I am naive enough to expect it to work in XCode 13 and iOS 15 sim