Sign In With Apple not working with Xcode 12 beta on simulator ?

Running the sample "Juice" app, which demos the Sign In With Apple flow, doesn't seem to work with Xcode 12 beta and iOS 14 beta on the simulator (worked fine on the non-beta versions and on a real device with iOS 14 beta).

Once the password for the device's Apple ID is entered, the wheel in the password field just keeps spinning. No error messages and nothing handed back over to the app from the ASAuthorizationController.

Anyone else seeing this problem ? Are there any workarounds ?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of npvisual Down vote post of npvisual
91k views
  • Same problem here, any solution yet?

• facing the same issue in xcode 12.3 and simulator iOS 14.3

• This is a complete joke... absolutely no comment by Apple on this... Apple doesn't care about its developers at all... The only solution: buy an iPhone!

Replies

It still broken, Xcode 13.2, maby it caused by working at home.

Still broken, Xcode 13.2.1. Tried with iOS 13.5, same problem.

I've been fighting with this for weeks. The answer from outwrq worked for me!! (https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/651533?answerId=675235022#675235022):

Hi All,

No work around found for iOS 14 + yet.

However here is a workaround for implementing sign in with apple (for development in the simulator) that we've been using:

Download the 13.7 simulator - Xcode > Preferences > Components > iOS 13.7 Simulator

Change the build version in Targets > Deployment Info to iOS 13.6 or below.

Run the simulator by selecting the 13.7 Sim.

We have been doing this for any of the Sign in with apple implementation and it seems works fine. We are switching back to later versions for testing on normal devices where this issue doesnt seem to occur.

Add a Comment

Has anyone figured out a way to speed up app review? My current review cycle looks like:

1. Submit app for review
  2. Get a reply (usually within hours!) rejecting the submission, usually for "Guideline 2.1 - Performance - App Completeness"
  3. I send a reply describing the simulator bug, citing this thread, describing my testing, and asking them to please use a real device.
  4. [1-2 days pass]
  5. The app gets approved.

I'd really love to skip step 4!

apple experience sucks. this issue still happens till now

Not working for me as well

I am testing on IOS 14.5, 15.0 and 15.2 simulator. Same problem, with a release xcode version 13.2.1 what I don't understand is why I can't just use facebook and google login if apple login just doesn't work. Any solution for this? My solution is remove social login and force user to use email login.

I am experiencing the same issue on XCode 13.3.

Still same issue here in april 2022 yeah! will the issue continue in 2023?? place your bets!

May 2022 this is still not working. Surely what'up. My app just got rejected because of this.

I'm experiencing this problem with iOS 15.4. I have to switch to an iOS 13 simulator to make it work, but then the rest of my app doesn't behave as expected, so I have to switch back to iOS 15.4 simulator and hard code a user ID. This is not a sustainable workflow. I'm very surprised that a native capability is not working in iOS simulator.

Can someone from apple please let us know when this will be fixed? this seems to be an issue for over a year now without any response.

OK Ive decided to ditch sign in with apple. I will not offer this to my customers because it is too difficult to get working.

The same for us ( Worked on old simulators, but not in new. The only option for us to test with real device.

I was having the same issue, the sample code is missing a critical step (on a real device).

You must add a key with 'Sign in with Apple' enabled in your developer account:

• Sign-in with your Developer Account
  • Go to 'Certificates, Identifies & Profiles' > 'Keys'
  • Create a new key (+)
  • Fill in 'Key Name'
  • Enable 'Sign in with Apple'
  • Click 'Configure'
  • Assign the primary App ID

I recommend using a standard prefix for the App bundle ID (ex. com.companyname.) in the sample code and your apps.

For more details, make sure to follow step 6: https://medium.com/developerinsider/ios-13-how-to-integrate-sign-in-with-apple-in-your-application-c21f579aca7

June 2022, iOS 15.5 Simulator, issue is still present. I wonder why Apple does not pay attention to such critical issue

• Opps, ignore this

Add a Comment

June 2022, iOS 16.0 Simulator and it finally works!!

• How? It just renders a blank for me on iOS in the sim.

• Don't see iOS 16 in the list of available simulators.

Add a Comment